Private Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding Tour from Managua
In one hour and a half, you travel from the capital of Managua to the beautiful and colonial city of León. The route of 90 kilometers from one department to another is filled with landscapes as volcanoes, sorghum plantations, small towns, nature; perfect for a journey. The volcano is located 25km away from the city of León.
The hiking starts. Though the volcano is not that high (500 mt.), the one hour ascent can result exhausting. It is recommended to bring with you water, fresh comfortable clothing, sport shoes and sunblock. Don’t forget your camera!
At the top, the rocky and grey landscape turns into a wonderful view of blues and greens; you get to see part of the volcanic chain, the craters, the fumaroles, and more. At this point of your journey, you can get time (about 30 minutes) to take some of the best photos of your life.
Get your sandboarding clothing on, listen to your guide explaining how to board the volcano, and get ready to feel pure adrenaline.
In case you decide not to do the sandboarding, you can descend the volcano running down, which is fun, too!
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private air conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Negro Volcano
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is smart casual (tropical and hiking clothing)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative.
- Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The tour was indescribable. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable. And we found out a lot of Nicaragua (education, politics, society, agriculture, etc). One tip I have, wear something to cover your mouth. I inhaled a bit of ash when I went flying down the volcano. The toughest part is the hour hike.
Wonderful and unique experience. Our guides were great, they explained to us a lot of things about Nicaragua on our way to the volcano. You climb the volcano for about one hour. The view at the top is beautiful. Then, the sandboarding ride is really fun. It is a unique experience.
Great experience, a unique way to discover a volcano ! We had great guides to come with us. Climbing is a challenge with the wind, but beautiful view on the top. Sandboarding is a lot of fun.
I tour guide Andres did an excellent job and we enjoyed the tour very much. Hiking up the volcano and boarding down was a must-do experience.