Moroccan Sahara Desert 3-Day Private Guided Tour from Marrakech
Your driver and guide will meet you at the reception of your accommodation in Marrakech. First, you will cross the spectacular Tizi n' Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains. Your first stop will be to visit two Kasbahs, Ait Ben Haddou (a UNESCO World Heritage site, which has been used as the location for over 20 different movies) and Kasbah Telouet. Driving between these two Kasbahs you will have another quick stop to take a look at the Salt Caves. After these stops you will drive onwards, passing through many Berber villages, being able to observe the Skoura oasis, Kalaat Mâgouna, with groves of spectacular olive trees and barren hillsides that are clustered among Kasbahs and traditional Berber houses. After lunch, you will drive further to the Valley of the Roses, with beautiful views of the Dades Valley (also known as the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs). You will spend your night in a hotel in Dades Valley with dinner included.
Day Two: Valley of the Roses - Todra Gorge - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi
Your 2nd day will start with breakfast at the hotel, before you travel to Todra Gorge, a massive fault that divides the enormous High Atlas Mountain range. The Gorge will take you to 300m above sea level and through a narrow valley, with palmeries and Berber villages. Your next stop will be the village of Arfoud, a famous area for fossils and you will have a chance to observe the process of cleaning and polishing the fossils and be able to see the finished products. After lunch you will head to the tiny village of Merzouga where, after a short break, you will ride camels into the incredible Erg Chebbi dunes – the highest dunes in Morocco. After the dunes, it is a 1.5-hour sunset camel ride to a traditional Berber meal and the opportunity to sleep under the stars (or in a tent if you prefer) at a Berber desert camp.
Day Three: Erg Chebbi - Merzouga - Marrakech
As the morning breaks on your 3rd day, you will be treated to a beautiful view of the early morning sunrise as you saddle up for the journey back to Merzouga. You will return to Marrakech through Ouarzazate where you will have lunch (the visit of the Kasbah of the city, and the studio of the cinema depends on time availability) before concluding your journey in Marrakech.
- Return private transport from Marrakech
- English Speaking Guide (Other languages can be catered for)
- Overnight accommodation in Dades Valley
- Overnight accommodation at a Sahara desert camp in Erg Chebbi
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Camel trekking to Erg Chebbi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - although it is the Sahara Desert the temperatures can be cooler in winter months with temperatures dropping on a night. Please bring some warm clothes
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Amazing tour, well worth the money! Our guide and driver were great. Badr was an excellent guide with a history background and great english and Salah was an astute driver. I would not want to drive through the Tizi n' Tichka Pass on our own. They knew where to stop and the best things to see. Having a private driver and guide we were able to stop when we wanted to. The Kasbahs were amazing. The Berber guest house we stayed at in Dades Valley felt like a home stay. The hostess was gracious and the food was great. Our lunch stops on both days were very good. The camel trek through the Erg Chebbi dunes was the highlight of our trip. The guides were patient and friendly. They also cooked and served a great dinner and then performed drums and singing around the campfire. The stars were amazing at night! Highly recommend trips trip!
The trip was very nice. We crossed the Atlas mountains and saw an ancient city where Game of Thrones was filmed. We slept in a berber village, ate madfounas, rode camels, joined a party in the desert and watched the sunrise over the sand dunes. The English speaking guide and the driver were extremely friendly, entertaining and helpful. It was a pleasure for me and my son to do this trip. I would gladly recommend it to others.