3-Day Sahara Desert To Merzouga From Marrakech
Your tour will begin at 7:20am from Marrakech and proceed toward to Tinghir . First, you will travel by road and make your first stop in the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Next stop will be in Ouarzazate, "The Door of the Desert" for lunch and exploration. At the end of the day, you will finally reach Tinghir, where you will enjoy a typical Moroccan dinner. Spend your night in a hotel .
Please note: In the second weekend of May and the last two days, there is the famous Rose Festival, so if you are lucky enough to travel through at this time, you can enjoy it!
Day 2: Tinghir - Toudra Gorges- Merzouga
Your second day will begin with a traditional Moroccan breakfast in the hotel before getting ready for the departure to the Saharian village Merzouga, via the Toudra Gorges. On the way, you'll discover many Berber villages and colorful landscapes in the region. When traversing the Todra Gorges, they stand 300meters over the river so be wary when looking down! Lunch will take place on the road, and then you'll reach the city of Erfoud; well-known for their marine fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old. Once it gets close to the evening, you will enjoy a 1.5-hour trip via camels in Merzouga , where you will see the beautiful sunset sink below the sandy dunes. To finish this beautiful day , you will enjoy a good dinner in a campsite under the stars of Merzouga’s dune sky then ambiance music .
Day 3: Merzouga - Marrakech
On the third day you will wake up at around 6:00 am to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chebbi , which is certainly the best moment in the desert of Merzouga to take pictures! You will also enjoy a typical Berber breakfast at the camp or hotel . You'll then head back to Marrakech via the incredible Ouarzazate, and traveling through the eternal Tizi n’Tichka pass and its panoramic views.
- Pick up and drop-off from hotel or riad
- Accommodation in the hotel Tinghir (Hotel Bougafer or Similar)
- Accommodation in the desert camp in Merzouga ( Etoile du Dunes or Similar
- 2 Breakfast ( Hotel & Camp)
- 2 Dinner ( Hotel & Camp)
- 2 Hours Camel ride in the sunset in Merzouga
- Admire sunrise early morning
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned Minibus ( 8 seats or 17 seats
- Fuel surcharge
- Drinks during the trip
- Lunch during the trip
- Guide in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please enter your phone number and your country code.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Bring warm clothes in the winter and good shoes
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
Don’t miss this trip! We basked in rainbows after a desert rain, rode camels through a windstorm, and swam in glistening swimming pools. The hotel the first night had a great pool and one of the few hotel bars in Morocco. The dinner and breakfast at the camp were excellent. It was a whole lot of adventure with just enough comfort. Our driver, Hicham, was personable and attentive. Great driving and information, he kept us on time with plenty of stretch breaks and time to wet your whistle. I spent two months in Morocco and this was a highlight! It helped make out dream honeymoon!