Calanques Trilogy Electric Bike Tour from Marseille
Reaching our meeting point, near Pointe Rouge beach is really easy from Vieux Port as you can take the Marseille Shuttle boat (5€).
Then, clip on your helmet and hop onto your electric bike to begin your 3-hour tour. The powerful motor, activated when the pedals are in motion, will allow you to go up the hills around coastal Marseille and make your cycling experience easier.
Familiarize yourself with the various settings on your electric bike, then spin onward with your guide through Parc Pastré and into the Calanques National Park — widely considered among the prettiest parts of the countryside in Marseille.
During your tour, explore limestone bays and hidden creeks around the Calanques of Callelongue, Morgiou, and Sormiou. Enjoy free time to stop for a swim along the way. Afterward, pedal back to your starting point in the south of the city to bring your cycling tour to an end.
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points (if option selected - for the morning tour only)
- Use of electric bicycle
- Small-group bike tour
- Entry/Admission - Calanque de Morgiou
- Entry/Admission - Parc national des Calanques
- Entry/Admission - Calanque de Sormiou
- Entry/Admission - Calanque de Callelongue
- Food and drink
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is guaranteed when a minimum of 3 people per tour is reached. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if this requirement is not met. In this event, you will be offered an alternative tour or full refund
- Maximum is 9 people per booking
- Minimum size is 140 cm, 4.6 feet
- Child price is available for the children who do not use an electric bike. If your child is tall enough to use our electric bikes, he or she will be considered as an adult and will have to pay the adult price
- Dress code: Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable, loose fitting clothes allowing ease of movement. No high heels or platforms, sandals or flip flops
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- All participants’ heights must be provided at the time of booking
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Electric bikes pedal and handle just like a regular bicycle. The electric component augments human power but does not completely replace it. It makes obstacles like hills and headwind more manageable and allows you to travel further without getting as tired.
Took this tour with my cousins and was not st all disappointed. Saw 3 calanques and other spectacular sights in the area. Was a good idea to take the tour in the morning when it was cooler. Guides were knowledgeable and patient. The e-bike made the adventure possible for me. I recommend getting one of the memory foam seats to ease the stress on your derrière. Highly recommend.
Great tour and great guide!
Unfortunately the Calanques were closed when we signed up for the trip. It would have been best if we were notified of this before the trip. We ended up not getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city but rather riding through it. It was still nice to ride around but not quite what we had in mind or would pay 54 euro for.
The tour and our guide, Nicholas, were wonderful!! Easily our favorite part of my friend and I's 4-day trip to Marseille. The electric bikes help you as much or as little as you want up and down the calanques, past beautiful seaside views and amidst charming fishing towns. We were able to stop and soak up a bit of sun at Sourmiou while our fellow bikers took a quick dip in the water. I'd call myself a moderate biker and had no problem with the uphill thanks to the electric bike settings, but be warned that there are pretty steep, winding paths on the other side. Maybe it was just me since the rest of our group had no problem, but I got off and walked my bike down a few of these turns steep incline no guard rail no thanks! All in all, amazing trip and our guide couldn't have been nicer. Very knowledgeable about the area and gave us facts about the area at a few places we stopped.