Day Trip to Hyères Le Lavandou and Saint Tropez from Marseille
Your next stop is the citadel of Saint-Tropez. For over 400 years, this citadel has watched over the town. For centuries, it was the most important defensive structure between Antibes and Toulon. Remarkably well-preserved, you will admire lovely views over the bay of Saint-Maxim and the Maures, and observe the peacocks who roam freely here. Do not miss the Maison Des Papillons (butterfly house). At the end of a typical alley, there is a door which opens onto a fabulous collection of butterflies (more than 4,500). Inside the house owned by the family of the photographer (Lartigue). His son, a painter and entomologist, put together his collection of species from around the world, presenting them in some really attractive displays.
Your last stop will be the small port of Saint Tropez. Dominated by its citadel, the city is a town which became popular as a stopover for artists during their summer European stay. First came painters, now this former republic owes its worldwide renown essentially to film stars. It was also the birthplace of some of France’s most famous sailors.
At the end of your tour, your guide will take you back to Marseille .
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Worth every penny spent for this tour! The day was beautifully organised by our driver cum guide - DJILANI from DOMITIA TOURS. He is very knowledgeable about the Provence Region and is extremely courteous and helpful. Only because of Djilani, we got to expereience a whole lot of unique and special characteristics of the various places we visited on that day. Visitors to Marseille should consider taking this tour if they have an extra day to spend.