Full-Day Wine Tour around Aix en Provence from Marseille
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Provence Wine Tours, 42 boulevard Chave, 13005 Marseille France
You will meet your english-speaking wine expert guide in front of our meeting point (centrally located) in Marseille.
Your guide will drive you in a clean, comfortable & A/C minivan accommodating up to 8 people maximum to the 1st winery.
Around 9.45am, you will arrive to the wine region of Côtes de Provence Sainte-Victoire.
You will visit 2 wineries in the morning, get about 1h30 free time for lunch in the elegant city of Aix en Provence, and then visit a 3rd winery in the afternoon.
You will taste some of the finest Rosés from Provence but also powerful and well-balanced reds, aromatic and lively whites.
You will be back to Marseille around 4.30pm to the same place where we met in the morning (starting point).
We select different types of wineries in order to offer you the opportunity to see different ways to work. We have developed partnerships allowing us to take you behind the scenes: from the winemaking & aging rooms to the bottling lines, you will see everything!
Your guide will also explain you about the soil, the climate, the grape varieties, the famous "terroir" but also the picking, pruning, green harvesting and many other subjects in a relaxed and educational way.
Duration: 7 hours
- Visit & tasting fees
- Transportation in A/C minivan
- English speaking wine expert guide
- Pick up/Drop off from meeting point centrally located in Marseille
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Tips - any tips you'd like to leave for our guides are of course at your discretion
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you're travelling on cruise ship, please note this tour is starting from Marseille city centre and that the Cruise port is located about 20 minutes away by taxi from the city centre - Please, prefer to refer to our "Marseille Shore Excursion - Full Day Wine Tour in Provence" product bookable through Viator.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years old
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
I bought this experience as a gift for my partner and it was brilliant. The three vineyards showed how different wines can be across the region and our tour guide was very knowledgable. My partner is a bit of a wine expert and I sit very much in the “like drinking it” camp but the information was at the right level for both people. Would highly recommend to get a steer of the areas and help think of where else you may want to visit.