Marseille Off The Beaten Path Walking Tour
You will take narrow streets, steep stairs and go to places that you cannot reach by car, bus or even bike. Secret places, hidden gems, some beautiful examples of the "Rocaille" style architecture. You will go downhill to reach one of the most iconic beaches of the city, The Prophet's Beach. Walk along the Corniche (the seafront road) for a short time where you will enjoy stunning views over the sea, the islands and the Planier Lighthouse. Then you will go uphill again to reach Valmer Gardens, a nice park planted with oaks and tropical plants. The last part of the walk will lead you to the Marégraphe and the Fausse Monnaie and Maldormé Creeks. The walk will stop at Vallon des Auffes, the picturesque fisherman port hidden under a bridge. Getting there, you will hop on the public bus to go back to the Old-Port.
- 2 bus tickets per person
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
So glad we selected WalkinonMars for our brief time in port in Marseilles! Ugo knows and loves this city and we enjoyed ourselves immensely as he shared the culture and history of everything from churches to gardens to beaches and more! We experienced much more than if we would have been stuck on a tour bus. A lovely day and great to have the local perspective! Not to be missed!