Marseille Shore excursion : Urban Electric Bike Tour of Marseille
Get outfitted with a helmet and an electric mountain bike, which allows you to ride more easily and enjoy a 3-hour journey through Marseille.
First, you will ride along the sea front from Pointe Rouge to the old harbor cycling through Corniche Kennedy, Parc Borely, Roucas Blanc, the renown basilica of Notre Dame de La Garde and many other emblematic places. Explore the typical Marseille streets and discover some architectural treasures, beautiful fragrant gardens and the small ports of the Marseille sea front. Your experienced guide will tell you the history of these places during your unique journey.
Then, you will cycle back to Pointe Rouge, see the Malmousque and Maldormé Calanques nestled between limestone mountains and the Mediterranean sea and cycle through Parc Borély. You will stop many times to discuss the unique history of Marseille as you gaze at the breathtaking scenery. Mainly on bike lanes, cycle tracks and small roads, this family-friendly tour is easy and accessible to anyone who can ride a bike. The tour may also offer the possibility to enjoy a rest stop at a local cafe.
Places that you will see along your riding experience: Borely castle and parc, Notre Dame de La Garde basilica, Old Port, Mucem museum, Palais du Pharo, City calanques, Coastline and Kennedy Avenue and Pointe Rouge.
- 3-hour small-group bike tour
- Professional guide
- Use of electric bicycle
- Use of certified helmet
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free shore excursion
- Food and drink
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- The tour is guaranteed when a minimum of 3 persons per tour is reached. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if this requirement is not met. In this event, you will be offered an alternative tour or full refund
- Maximum 9 persons per booking
- Minimum size is 140 cm, 4.6 feet (children bikes are not electric. We can use a trailer between an adult electric bike and a child bike)
- Baby seat available for children under 5 years who weigh less than 50 lbs (22kg) and trailers are available for small children
- Child price is available for the children who do not use an Electric bike. If your child is tall enough to use our electric bikes, he will be considered as an adult and will have to pay the adult price.
- Dress code: wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable, loose fitting clothes allowing ease of movement. No high heels or platforms, sandals or flip flops
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- All participants’ heights must be provided at the time of booking
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Electric bikes pedal and handle just like a regular bicycle. The electric component augments human power but does not completely replace it. It makes obstacles like hills and headwind more manageable and allows you to travel further without getting as tired.
- The durations of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Great fun highly recommend
Nicholas was great! He picked us up at the cruise port and drove us to the bike shop where we saddled up and took us and another couple on the National Park Tour. WAYYYYYY better than the Urban bike tour. Our three hour bike tour took us to some amazing places with amazing views of the coast of Marseille. I'm not an avid biker, but the E-bike made me like Wonder-Woman. I was climbing hills like a champ and LOVED it!!! Nicholas then took us to Old Town Marseille and dropped us there so we could explore the area before heading to our ship. MUST do this excursion if you are in Marseille.
I found this tour a little scary, immediately we launched into city traffic without much introduction to the bikes. If you are an adventurous cyclist who doesn't mind crazy rush hour traffic then it is fine.
Just fantastic. Would recommend for experience riders however who are used to city traffic. There is a good climb up to the church so you do needs some riding fitness even though it's assisted. You also have to be very aware of the direction that traffic is coming from. If you are used to driving and riding a bike on the right hand side of the road this will not worry you but being from Australia where we drive and ride on the left hand side of the road it was something we had to remain switched on for. Traffic wasn't too bad as it was the winter time but in the summer when it's much busier you would need your wits about you. That being said local drivers did appear to be used to tours of bike riders so were pretty good to us. Our guide was fabulous picking us up from the cruise port. He then took us through instruction in how to ride the electric bikes, provided helmets and the route we took was really good. So much to see and we absolutely loved it.