Private Tour: Aix-en-Provence and Cassis Day Trip from Marseille
The famous French painter Paul Cézanne was born in Aix, and you can now visit the place where he once worked. Entry to the Cézanne Studio is at your own expense, but once inside you can walk in the artist’s footsteps and see countless artifacts that once inspired him. Alternatively, opt to continue exploring Aix independently.
After a break for lunch in town (own expense), leave Aix and head back to the French Riviera’s coastline in the direction of Cassis. Stop to admire views from the top of Cape Canaille and look out at its sheer cliffs plunging into the translucent blue waters of the Gulf of Cassis below.
From here, it’s a short drive down the hill into Cassis where you can do as little or as much as you please! Perhaps take a stroll around its endearing fishing port and harbor, or visit one of its waterfront cafes. If you want to visit the Cassis calanques – the area’s incredible limestone rock formations – then your guide will point you in the right direction for a sightseeing boat trip (own expense).
Return to Marseille in the late afternoon, and end your tour back at your hotel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Atelier de Cezanne
- Entry/Admission - Vieil Aix
- Entry/Admission - Cours Mirabeau
- Entry/Admission - Cape Canaille
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to the Cézanne Studio
- Cassis calanques sightseeing boat ride
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We only have one opinion! The Tour was fantastic - the Tour Guide was nothing but a driver. Very dull - no personality - had very little to inform us of. No intention of degrading Viator as it would have been a wonderful experience had we had a Real Tour Guide.
A wonderful day with an excellent tour guide. Victoria was informative and enjoyable and exceeded our expectations. Both locations were beautiful and exciting and we'll worth visiting.
nice, fun trip. Beautiful views and town.