Horse-Drawn Covered Wagon Ride with Backcountry Dining
Here, take the opportunity to stretch your legs before climbing aboard a covered, custom-built wagon that can accommodate up to 16 people. Then set out for a relaxing 45-minute journey along the northern side of Denali National Park’s boundary.
Your guide will regale you with facts about the area and details on its mining history as you enter the wilds of Alaska. Pass a few rustic cabins and see how local residents live. Keep an eye out for wildlife and bask in the surrounding scenery.
On arrival at the tour company pavilion, you'll disembark for a delicious family style meal and a chance to meet the two Draft horses that brought you to this remote location. Pose for pictures before re-boarding the wagon for your leisurely return trip.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional driver/guide
- Round-trip transport from select Healy and Denali-area lodgings
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available if pre-requested when booking
- Must be 21 or older to drink alcohol
- Vegetarian food option is available; please request when book along with any other specific dietary requirements
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated, as long as the participant is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
This was very nice. the people were very informative as we drove along to the Dining hall. We had an excellent group that interacted and the driver and host both said that was unusual and they really liked ti. We laughed and cut up the whole time. My youngest grandson said that that made it his favorite part of his vacation.