2-Day Camping and Surfing Great Ocean Road Trip from Melbourne
Start the day with pickup from one of the central locations pointed out to you (Federation Square, St Kilda, North Melbourne, or your CBD hotel). The small group will take turns constructing a playlist of music for the drive as you play games and enjoy plenty of banter along the way.
Cruising through surf iconic towns such as Torquay, Bells Beach and Anglesea you will then have a 2 hour surf lesson with a surf school. It doesn't matter if you have never tried it before!
You'll have lunch by the beach consisting of a choice of sandwiches, baguettes and wraps.
Continue along the road stopping for any photo opportunities you like. Your guides will take you to the historic Great Ocean Road sign and a few beautiful beaches before arriving at Kennet River to see wild Koalas and birds which will fly into your hands!
Your guides know of a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy a beer where you'll setup to see the sun start to set.
One last stop at Apollo Bay for any last minute items before heading to your home for the night.... A 22ft Native American Teepee only 328-feet (100-metres) away from the beach. The Teepee site has bathrooms and toilets.
Enjoy a traditional Aussie BBQ, games, live music and general banter by the campfire in the middle of the Teepee as you sit back and relax or visit one of the local bars close by.
Day 2: (B)
The next morning enjoy breakfast and coffee before departing at 9am. Your tour guides will take you to another one of their secret spots, a field of hundreds of Kangaroos.
Finally arrive at the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge and take in the serenity.
Dose off in the van as you head back to Melbourne (3 hours) returning in the CBD at approximately 5:30pm.
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Such an amazing tour with the best tour guides, Adam, Andrew and of course Riley the dog. They are top guys and went from being our tour guides to great friends of ours. They made the tour an unforgettable experience. The surf lesson, food and night in the teepee was great! Actually the entire couple of days were great! Could not recommend this tour enough and I think it is safe to say our entire group had the best time! Also Adam thinks he is way funnier than he actually is... just saying buddy Thanks for a brilliant time guys, hope to see you again soon!