Ballarat and Sovereign Hill Gold Mining Town Day Trip From Melbourne
Arrive at Sovereign Hill, a recreation of a typical gold mining town from the 1850s and enjoy hours of free time to experience and explore this interactive place. There are many activities for those of all ages:
• Gold panning at Red Gully Creek
• See blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen at work. Perhaps create your own candle
• You must try some of their famous homemade boiled lollies!
• Try award winning pies and sausage rolls at the New York Bakery
• Buy souvenirs and homewares at the General Store
• Visit the Chinese Village
• Watch the Giant Crushing Battery
• Ride on a stagecoach
• Watch and pose for a photo with the locals dressed in clothing from the era. Even see kids at school just like in those daysChoose between a tour only or upgrade to include a delicious lunch and drink at the New York Bakery. If you are interested in visiting the Ballarat Wildlife Park, choose this option including a guided tour and entry to Ballarat Wildlife Park. Ballarat Wildlife Park is a great place to get up and close to Australian animals such as koalas, kangaroos, Tasmanian devils and the very cute Patrick the Wombat.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach and free Wi-Fi on board coach
- Entry/Admission - Sovereign Hill
- Entry/Admission - The Gold Museum
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately with comfortable walking shoes
Great Place. Was a rush though. Could have stopped at any of the wonderful small towns with historic buildings along the way.
Enjoyed this day immensely, well worth a visit. Our driver was very informative.
Amazing day out. You need several hours to look at this place I consider it to be an all dayer. The costumes from this era are beautiful and the storekeepers etc are all dressed up. The interactions with the public is amazing as are the little shows they put on through out the day. Can't pick out a best one to me they were all excellent. Certainly worth a visit
Never happened because you have me wrong pick up place Although when I went to bus operators they changed date to 30th the driver tour guide was very good he told me about the wrong pick up place because a coach could not go near hotel entrance so I suggest you check all pick up choices