Full-Day Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Sunset Tour from Melbourne
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kennett River, Victoria Australia
Look for Koalas & native brids in the wild!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
The history of the infamous Shipwreck Coast is revealed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Princetown, Victoria 3269 Australia
The world-famous 12 Apostles see these enormous limestone stacks from the viewing platform.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Lorne, Victoria Australia
Photo opportunity. Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for the regions coastal communities.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned 24-seater touring vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- FREE Downloadable Audio Guide in 7 languages
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Download your FREE BUNYIP language audio APP, available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. The commentary highlights the major sightseeing destinations visited whilst the tour is conducted in English. Downloadable via the APP store for i-Phone and Android the day prior of their tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
Beautiful scenery along the Coast, but The Apostle's at sunset was over-the-top! Driver was thoughtful but clever.
The staff especially the tourist guide was friendly, professional, entertaining! She look after us and make sure everyone is ok! I recommend it 100 percent I’ll definitely book again from this company! Alex
Great customer experience, chiefly down to a great bunch of folk, but importantly, our tour guide BEAR !!! He was excellent and kept the whole show on the road for 13 hours !!! Plenty comfort breaks and refreshment stops. Highly recommended, Graham (Scotland)
Ian was such a great driver and guide. Made tons of dad jokes which I enjoyed hahha! He also shared a lot about australian aborigines which made this tour very insightful as well. This is my second time to the 12 Apostles and the sunset view is definitely much better than going in the afternoon (IMO). Highly recommended!
You can enjoy everything along the Great Ocean Road by joining the Bunyip tour. Our tour guide Jun is very informative and helpful. It is a very long day which takes you almost 13 hours of ride. The experience is great with wonderful arrangement.
Go see 12 Apostles, which is amazing, just make sure to avoid Duff Man who is not a good tour guide. He skipped stops in the listing, until the customers in the group corrected him. He also rushed the group through sunset at 12 Apostles and actually left before sunset. Given that this tour is emphasizing both the 12 Apostles and seeing that particular site at sunset to rush the group at that point was particularly irritating. Great scenery, bad guide.
Our driver, Brett, is extremely knowledgeable. He went out of his way to serve us, and explained everything to us. He showed us many beautiful sceneries. The vehicle is however very old and looks like a 1950s model. The vehicle is so crowded and small for a 16 hours trip. Timing is poor. Lunch is at 11:00 am, and dinner is after we come back which is 10 pm. Our kids were so hungry. Each stops were just a few minutes long, so it wasn't relaxing at all. We would have liked more time to take a short walk at the rainforest or at Kenneth river.
The scenery is breathtaking - truly a stunning place. The tour was fairly well organized with rest-and-activity stops every 1-2 hours. The first stop at a aboriginal wildlife park was a waste of time. I've been to a number of these parks in Australia, and this one was pathetic. They had exactly 1 kangaroo very cute and friendly, though, two anti-social wallabies, and two emus - that's it. So everyone crowds the poor kangaroo, trying to feed it. The company should find a better wildlife park, or skip this altogether and spend more time at the other stops, like the rainforest or the wild koalas and birds. It's a long drive, and the driver was anxious to keep us on schedule, but eventually it started to feel stressful. The driver was knowledgeable and polite, but I wouldn't exactly call him approachable and friendly. The bus was old, with a rough ride, and the worst part was that the windows were constantly fogging, obscuring the incredible views. Overall, though, this was definitely one of the best trips I've done here in Australia. By the way, it turned out that the prices people paid for this trip varied wildly. So it's worth to shop around.