Healesville Sanctuary and Yarra Valley Day Trip from Melbourne
Spend about 2.5 hours at Healesville Sanctuary, wandering through the native bush environment to see the different animals and vegetation. The zoo is home to favorite Aussie animals like kangaroos, koalas, wombats, wallabies, and emus, plus snakes, owls, echidnas, and more. You can also check out the on-site Australian Wildlife Health Centre, where you can meet the vets and nurses who treat sick, injured, and orphaned wildlife in need of care. Hear stories about the animals as they go from rescue, treatment, and recovery to release back into the wild.
Next, head to a local winery restaurant for lunch and a full wine tasting; this usually takes about 1.5 hours. Then stop by Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery for 30 minutes for a chance to sample chocolate and purchase some sweet treats (own expense). Your tour ends with the return drive to Melbourne.
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise ship pickup and drop-off (available for Station Pier for AU$20 per person, cash, payable direct with a minimum of four passengers)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour is not available on Good Friday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
I think our hostess name was Sandy. She was wonderful!! She made our experience so much fun. The rochford winery was nice. I bought a bunch of gift items. I didnt care for the lunch as much. Would have wanted bolder flavors or white meat. The sanctuary was amazing. Even though it rained, we saw the bird show, platypus show and saw wallabees in their routines.
Lunch was fabulous wine was delicious. But the best part was all the animals. Kangaroo, wombat, joeys on and on. Loved it. This is why I came to Australia to see the animals
DO NOT MISS the sanctuary! This is a great way to see it! Comfortable ride, easy going tour guide, flexible schedule: spend the day how you like. Two of my colleagues and I were speaking at a conference at Melbourne, and this was our last adventure before going our separate ways. It was just us three and another lady with our tour guide. We got a quiet guide who let us ladies talk amongst ourselves without interrupting something I appreciate!. We spent the first half of the day at Healesville Sanctuary, got lunch at a lovely winery in Yarra Valley, and stopped by a big chocolate store on the way back. Our guide offered to take us wherever we wanted for however long we wanted, but one of the ladies in our party wanted to get back to Melbourne before a shop closed. He obliged and got us there in time! So over all: great, flexible service tailored to our group's needs, and excellent locations and adventures! Would recommend!