Melbourne Star Observation Wheel Admission
Each of the 21 fully air-conditioned enclosed cabins comfortably holds up to 20 passengers. Listen to informative prerecorded commentary that provides a wealth of information on Melbourne’s history and culture as you gaze at the sights below.
At night, the Melbourne Star glows with LED lighting that is woven through the wheel’s steel structure, creating a spectacular light show with more than 15 million combinations of light displays.
Leave time before or after your ride to learn about the city from the interpretative multimedia display Tales of Melbourne in the boarding area.
Want more? Experience the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel in the day and at night when you upgrade to the Encore package, which gives you two entrances to the ride at a reduced cost. Your second booking must be taken within 30 days of the first flight.
- Entry/Admission - Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hours of operation are subject to adverse weather conditions and maybe changed without prior notice
- Each cabin can accommodate up to 20 passengers
- Prams and mobile scooters are not permitted within the cabins however may be left in the designated area
- Wheelchair requirements must be advised at the time of booking and subject to space availability. Occupants of wheelchairs must be accompanied by a capable carer or companion
- Bags larger than A3 paper in size are not permitted within the cabin. Open storage bins are available where you can leave your bags and luggage for collection following your flight.
I had the great fortune's to be able to ride the Melbourne Star and it was a beautiful afternoon when I rode it! It allows you to look out over the city of Melbourne and take in many of the great features the city has to offer. The Melbourne Star is a lot of fun and definitely worth going for a ride on it and seeing the city from high above.
Amazing views! Especially on sunset!
Went in the afternoon, there was a pre-recording played during the ride about iconic places around the wheel. The view was decent overlooking the river and CBD area but would recommend going to the eureka tower 88 floors right before sunset instead of the wheel.
Great way to see Melbourne.