Melbourne Tandem Skydive on the Beach
Make your way to St Kilda where you will begin your skydive on the beach.
As you jump out of the plane, see the city of Melbourne sprawling like patchwork as you exit the plane from 14,000 feet and fall into your tandem skydiving adventure. As you skydive, you’ll free-fall over an unbeatable view of Melbourne curling around the sparkling expanse of Port Phillip Bay. Securely attached to your experienced tandem instructor, you will be guided through your entire skydive.
Your adventure will begin with a safety briefing followed by a scenic plane ride to height. As the excitement builds, your expert instructor will prepare you for the countdown and together you will make the ultimate jump from up to 14,000 feet above the stunning Victorian coastline.
After you experience free-fall reaching speeds of up to 220km/h for up to 60 seconds, your instructor will pull the chute and you will soar serenely like a bird for 5-7 minutes taking in the breathtaking views. If you are feeling brave, you're also able to take control and steer the parachute.
• Skydive Melbourne, 42A Marine Parade, St Kilda, Port Phillip, Victoria 3182 Australia
- Qualified jumper
- Professional training from highly trained tandem masters
- Scenic Flight up to 14,000ft over Melbourne and St Kilda
- Up to 60 seconds freefall
- Commemorative skydive certificate
- Australian Parachuting Levy and Admin fee (payable direct) AUD35.00
- Video and photo packages (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Maximum weight over 253lbs (115kgs) on application
- Surcharge will apply to persons 209lbs (95kgs) or more
- Minimum age 12 years subject to approval
- Under 18 years must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking Not recommended for pregnant women
This review ISN'T for MELBOURNE, it's for Sydney since the weather was bad two days in Melbourne and I couldn't jump there. But, instead had to jump in Sydney. Wow, what an event and fun time skydiving for the first time in my life doing a tandem jump with Andrew W form the Sydney branch, same company though! I show friends and family my video and pics and they totally cant believe I made the jump. Man it's nothing like coming out that door looking out from that high up and seeing the land, the cold air, the wind and you know it's for real and jump time-lol! Everyone at Skydive Australia in Sydney were great, very friendly, professional and a great experience that will live with me for life! I loved the video and pics I bought were incredible something I look at daily at some point. I've been wanting to skydive almost two years now and it happened and it was a blast! You would be amazed how many folks on Nov 24th were on the bus paying to jump out a plane, the bus was packed-lol! Thanks Skydive Australia and Andrew W!!!!
Had an amazing time, instructors were experienced and friendly. Do note that photos and videos will cost additional and I recommend getting it. I went during winter and it was freezing cold. Go skydiving during the summer instead in the early morning.