Phillip Island Day-Trip from Melbourne with optional Eureka Skydeck Package
Making your way around Western Port Bay, the tour stops at Australian Koala & Wildlife Park. Here we get you into the Koala enclosure with one of the keepers who will tell you about these unique Aussie creatures. For an additional fee you have the opportunity to have a close encounter and photograph with a Koala (own expense) under staff supervision. You will also get an opportunity to feed Kangaroos and see other native Australian animals such as the Emu, Dingo, Wombat and Wallabies to name a few.
From here you make your way onto Phillip Island itself with the first stop being the wonderful and powerful Cape Woolamai and Woolamai beach. The tour then drives the full length of the Island and takes you to the far Western tip known as the Nobbies, two ancient volcanoes that shaped the end of the Island with absolutely breathtaking coastal scenery. Exclusive valued inclusion for Autopia passengers, entry into the WWF Phillip Island Nature Parks Antarctic Journey Experience at the Nobbies Centre. (normally $18)
You will then take a back road to the world famous Penguin Parade spotting native wildlife as they come out to play towards the end of the day. Once at the Penguin Parade, your guide will tell you the best places to see and view the Penguins as they come ashore for the night while others come out to play after spending the day in their burrows.
Included in this tour is a voucher to Eureka Skydeck and the Edge Experience. 88 floors up, take in the spectacular sights and surroundings of Melbourne from the Southern Hemispheres highest viewing platform and if you're feeling game, walk out into a glass bottomed platform known as "the Edge."
- National Park fees
- On-board water refill stations
- On-board WiFi connection
- Small-group touring option (max 24)
- Live commentary on board
- Professional drive/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicles
- FREE Translation Audio App “Tour Translations of Australia”! Available in Google Play & Apple App Store
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Entry/Admission - Eureka Skydeck
- Entry/Admission - Maru Koala and Animal Park
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (it can get cold)
- Please note: Luggage size restricted to carry on only
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Eureka Skydeck tickets must be used at own leisure and not on a touring day, opens 10am-10pm.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
Tour guide Duane is nice friendly. He is informative and take good care of the tour. The seeing if the penguin parade was awesome and marvellous. We saw a thousand of them
My husband and I were visiting for our honeymoon, and we were excited to see the Penguin Parade. Our tour guide was great and we enjoyed all of the stops that we made on this day trip. Australia has so much to offer for sightseeing, so we really enjoyed ourselves. The only part that was a little disappointing was the penguin parade at the end of the tour. There aren't as many penguins to see as we were under the impression. Also, the event is so packed with tourists that people make it difficult to see the penguins coming out of the water, because they block all the good views. If you're going to attend this parade, I recommend you pay the upgrade price of getting the preferred seating so that you are up close to where the penguins come out of the water. We sat in the general seating area, and it was disappointing. We did see penguins and enjoyed the experience, but it was while we were walking towards the exit that we saw the penguins along the boardwalk area.
Best trip ever!!!! The penguins were so adorable!!! I HIGHLY suggest this! And recommend getting the closer seating to see the cute penguins more up close and personal. Just an amazing experience with the koala as well. :)
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this tour!! So worth it! All of the animals were so cute and the tour guide was super friendly and helpful. : I would do it again!