Private Tour: Great Ocean Road from Melbourne
You will have time to stroll along the wild beaches or stop for a coffee at the famous Split Point Lighthouse and take in the incredible scenery. You will enjoy a traditional pub lunch at the tranquil seaside town Apollo Bay, set amongst the soft rolling hills and long sandy beaches.
Oceania will also provide you with exclusive access to an ancient Eucalyptus Forest walk, located at the iconic Great Ocean Ecolodge where you can have close encounters with koalas, kangaroos and native birds. As a guest with us, you will be contributing to the Great Ocean Ecolodge’s conservation program to protect the local tiger quolls, koalas and unique flora of the region.
A perfect day out, capped off by a visit to the ancient rock formations of the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide/driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Port Campbell National Park
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Entry/Admission - The Great Ocean Road
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers 4yrs and above
- Cruise ship passengers: please note you must be over-nighting in port due to return time variations
- Infants 0-3yrs please request car seat at time of booking
- This tour is available in English plus German, Italian, Spanish, (or Portuguese subject to availability) at an additional cost
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Except for the very long drive the whole experience of seeing the twelve apostles was amazing! The first stop in the morning fo rcoffee and Pasteries was good fun. Being a private tour we could take our time and enjoy. All our family had fun
We had a great day. The great ocean road was well worth the time in travel. Besides the stunning views we were up close and personal with birds eating out of our hands, kangaroos, and a great encounter with a koala on the side of the ride. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend.
The scenery was spectacular and our tour guide Ricarda is very good!
It is certainly worth visiting the Great Ocean Road and I would highly recommend it. But this particular private tour was more a private taxi service than a guided tour. In my experience with other private tours, the driver who in many cases was also the guide would walk with us explaining the history/significance of the attractions. In this case the driver would just drop us off and let us wander around! Suggest checking with the tour company to make sure you set your expectations before getting on this tour.
The tour was fantastic with spectacular nature Our driver was a great person and driver but had limited knowledge about the area and especially the tour we went on. He had only been living 2 years in Australia and he knew very little about nature, geology or history
The most amazing tour we have been on. From start to finish it was fantastic. Our private guide "Steven" was absolutely amazing. He was informative and knowledgeable throughout the whole trip. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Great Ocean Road with this tour company and with Steven. I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks Cathy from Canada