Puffing Billy Steam Train & Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Tour From Melbourne
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grants on Sherbrooke, 70 Monbulk Rd, Kallista, Victoria 3789 Australia
At Grants on Sherbrooke, enjoy a delicious traditional Devonshire Tea of scones served warm with jam and cream, and tea or coffee served in china cups. Before you leave, you can hand-feed some of the most striking Australian birds such as the colourful Crimson Rosella, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo and Pink-chested Galah (seed provided)
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway, 1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia
Ride the century-old Puffing Billy Steam Train on the 30-minute ride from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. View the towering Mountain Ash trees and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Healesville Sanctuary, Glen Eadie Ave, Healesville VIC 3777, Australia
Get ready to meet a group of furry friends at Australia’s premier wildlife and nature sanctuary, Healesville, home to mammals and reptiles and over 200 varieties of native birds
• Every Sunday, you can learn about the local Wurundjeri Aboriginal people. Hear of their culture, traditions and stories of the Dreamtime. Listen to the sounds of the didgeridoo and be amazed at their mastery making that Boomerang really fly!
• Lunch is available to purchase at one of three cafés at Healesville Sanctuary
• A volunteer guide will escort you among Australia’s unique birds and animals in a natural bushland setting
• You can experience ‘Kangaroo Country’, the ‘Spirits of the Sky’ show and ‘Tales from Platypus Creek’
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Super comfortable luxury coach including: free wifi, in-seat USB, air conditioning
- Pickup and dropoff for select Melbourne hotels. These appear in a dropdown box when booking
- Ticket for the Puffing Billy Steam Train ride (from Belgrave to Menzies Creek)
- Enjoy a traditional Devonshire Tea of scones, served warm with jam, cream, and tea or coffee
- Entry to Healesville Wildlife Park
- Get up close and personal with some of Australia's most well known animals
- Entry/Admission - Grants on Sherbrooke
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please call prior to booking regarding wheelchair accessibility
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
What a fantastic day filled with fun and education. My husband and I truly enjoyed the Puffing Billy Steam Train and Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour. The bird-feeding, hot tea, and scones were a delightful end to the tour.
This was such an enjoyable tour for my daughter and me. The train was fun sitting with our legs outside the carriage and seeing the whole steam train as it went around corners. The views were pleasant of mountains, countryside and trees. We had morning tea and fed the birds at a stop on the way to Healesville. My advice is to wear long sleeves if you feed the birds as my bare arms were bleeding badly from the cockatoos sliding around on my arms and pushing each other. It was still a fun activity though. Healesville is lovely and we had a very nice volunteer who showed us around and helped us see as much as possible. Our main volunteer and some others we talked to were so helpful and enthusiastic about Australian wildlife and conservation. We also had time for lunch at Healesville. This was a pick up and drop off tour but they did try to encourage people to stay in town for dinner at the end of the tour so they didnt have to drop off at so many places during rush hour.
Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary was one of the top things we did on our entire vacation to Australia. All the volunteers were friendly, knowledgeable, and full of fun stories about the animals. I was amazed at how close we were able to get to the animals. It was a remarkable experience that I will remember forever. The Puffing Billy train ride was fun - more fun for children than me - although it was very crowded which made it difficult to see out the windows. All in all it was a good trip for the money.
Loved it! Enjoyed it every minitute of it!
This was our most disappointing tour. The steam train quite frankly was down right boring and there are better wildlife sanctuaries.
Puffing billy train is pretty cool! And the Healesville Sanctuary is great. Would recommend it to anyone looking out for a relaxed tour.