Shark Dive Experience at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
Visit: Shark Dive Xtreme Melbourne Aquarium, Flinders Street and King Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Arrive at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium in the early afternoon to check in and learn the time slot for your dive. You’ll then receive a one-hour briefing, which is mandatory for all divers. During the briefing, you’ll meet your guide, go over safety and dive procedures, and learn about the sharks and other animals in the aquarium. Your group is limited to four divers, ensuring personal attention from your guide the entire time. All training will be provided at the SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium on the day of your dive, with no previous experience necessary.
Depending on your schedule, you're welcome to explore the aquarium before or after the mandatory briefing. Visit the Conservation Cove to learn about local marine life; head to Seahorse Pier for the largest exhibit of seahorses and seadragons in the world; and spy on a Pinjarra — one of Australia’s largest saltwater crocodiles — at the Croc Lair.
Once it's time to dive, you’ll meet your guide, get your equipment on, and get into the water! Colorful fish dart past you in the 2 million-liter Oceanarium as you swim near the tank's bigger residents including nurse sharks, sevengill sharks, giant stingrays, and sea turtles. Your guide will make sure that you stay safe throughout your half-hour experience.
Basic SCUBA training is provided so that you can delve into the underwater habitat, with no experience necessary. All training will be provided at the SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium on the day of your dive.
While you are diving, your friends and family can watch and take pictures of you in the tank — an incredible souvenir of your time with the sharks!
- Admission to SEA LIFE Melbourne
- Shark Dive Xtreme
- Entry/Admission - SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Entry/Admission - Shark Dive Xtreme Melbourne Aquarium
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age 14 years - for any diver under the age of 18, parental consent and attendance at the briefing on the day of the dive is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All divers who are unable to speak English MUST be accompanied by a translator and have a reasonable degree of swimming ability. For health and safety reasons we are unable to allow non- English speakers without a translator to dive with our sharks.
- Able to lift and walk with approximately 35kg
- Scuba Diving is physically demanding and can be dangerous if you suffer from certain medical conditions
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ AND COMPLETE THE MEDICAL DECLARATION FORM BEFORE YOUR DIVE: https://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/media/2001/medical-declaration-form.pdf?_ga=2.42836897.526290692.1521541330-472889426.1517663415
- Diver must NOT suffer from any contraindications to diving.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to dive
- Failure to pass the medical declaration on the day will also incur a reschedule fee.
- Heart Disease
- Chest Conditions including Pneumothorax
- Sinus Conditions
- Ear problems/surgery
- High blood pressure
- If you suffer from any other medical conditions, including recent injuries, surgeries or psychological conditions then you will be required to obtain a fully completed medical clearance from A QUALIFIED DIVE DOCTOR prior to booking in for the dive.
- Cannot dive within 24 hours of a flight
- Must not have drugs or alcohol in your system
- Personal underwater cameras are not permitted on this experience.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
First time diving and the staff were great in teaching the basics necessary for the dive. There is a simple medical questionaire before the dive, so be sure to ensure you are fit to dive, otherwise you can reschedule it to another day. Enjoyed my time during the 30 minute dive and had photos taken with the rays and sharks. Would recommend to bring a friend to take photos outside whilst you are diving. Before and after the dive, the whole aquarium is free to explore.
The Shark Dive is really great. We spent about 30-45 mins under the water and the sharks, stingrays and fish go by very close. It's marvellous! The Sealife Aquarium provides all the scuba gear, wetsuit and all required with plenty of information on safety, how to use it all and what you'll see. The groups are small and are supported by plenty of dive guides, so as a total beginner I felt safe and informed for the dive. It's an excellent experience.
Definitely a must do whilst in Melbourne. Great experienced and friendly staff take you on an ultimate dive in the aquarium. The whole experience is amazing and the fish, sharks and stingrays in the tank are awesome. This is something that once you have done you just want to do again. GREAT FUN