Small-Group Phillip Island Penguin Parade Day Tour from Melbourne
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale, Victoria 3912 Australia
Encounter Australian Wildlife
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Churchill Island, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Historic landmark & see the local sheep shearing & working dogs in action
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Nobbies, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Phillip Island, Victoria Australia
Explore the boardwalks to enjoy panoramic coastal views
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Word famous Penguin Parade
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned 24-seater touring vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Churchill Island
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Drinks and snacks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children 4 years and under are not allowed on this tour.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The Parade is an outdoor experience so please dress warmly. You must wear sturdy footwear (slip on shoes or high heels not permitted)
- Photography and video are NOT PERMITTED at the Penguin Parade
- Children aged 5-13 years are not permitted on the V.I.P Tour, Aboriginal Heritage Tour and the Guided Ranger Tour.
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade begins at dusk and concludes after the penguins have crossed the beach. This event can last up to 2 hours, depending on the number of penguins and the seasonality
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
The trip began with a rather punctual pick up by our tour guide, Rob. Overall, the trip was efficient with enough time for each attraction. I think it was worth the while to get the Koala option to be able to get close with the furry beast! Even though it was raining most of the time, Rob's suggestion of a disposable parka worked well. My only thought was that we did not have much time to take a sip at the cafes in the various attractions - it was a very cold day! Maybe some 10 or 15 mins extra at each stop would have been good.
Outstanding tour! We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our long day out with our exceptional guide Kurt, so personable, friendly and knowledgable. A prompt hotel pickup in a very comfy coach with a group of approx 20 was followed by a superb visit to Moonlit Sanctuary. What a treat to see Koalas, Kanga, Wallabies right up close and to feed them...wow, so very special. Lunch at the Sanctuary was perfect, a good barbeque. Churchill Island visit was amazing, we loved the farm visit and the sheep shearing demo, and then time out just to stroll and enjoy. Next stop was the Koala Conservation Centre and a stop for afternoon tea which was provided...again really fantastic seeing Koalas in their own environment and to see the wonderful work being done there. On to The Nobbies with its glorious scenery, and a walk along the boardwalk with its stunning views....then the cherry on top, off to Phillip Islands Penguin Parade. Nothing can prepare one for the treat that awaits one...it is simply stunning. After a delicious quick supper in the centre we made our way to the platforms from where the parade is viewed. With the Plus Package we were afforded seats on a special raised platform. Although very cold..and one must dress up very warmly, .the spectacle is out of this world. Seeing nature at play like this is thrilling as one watches hundreds of Fairy Penguins make their way onto the shore, then parade past the platforms altogether to their homes...wow wow wow!! We absolutely loved the experience. A very comfy and safe 90 minute trip back to Melbourne city and a drop off right at our hotel capped this absolutely outstanding day. This has to be one of the best Viator tours we have ever done in any city and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Thank you Kurt for treating us to a sensational day and for sharing your knowledge....so very much appreciated. We loved it!
Appreciated the flexibility in changing both pick up and drop off points to accommodate us. Liked the leisurely paced. Churchill Heritage was a favorite stop.
Absolutely amazing. Probably the best day of our entire 3 week holiday. It's a long day with a very late drop-off but fortunately not an early start. We love wildlife and scenery and there was plenty of both. Moonlit Sanctuary was terrific and we actually got to cuddle a koala! The Penguin Parade on Phillip Island was mind-blowing. Seeing those little penguins come out of the sea, cross the rocks and then make their way at varying speeds to find their burrows up to 2 km away. It was a privilege to watch these determined creatures. Our guide Kurt was terrific, informative, helpful, very calm and good fun. A day which will live in our memories.