EPIC Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tour Departing from Melbourne - Weekdays Only
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dancing Kangaroo Tours, Flinders Street In front of St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We offer a convenient central pick up in front of St Paul's Cathedral on the Flinders Street side (Google Map: 208 Flinders Street, Melbourne). Please be advised the pickup time is 9:15AM. We aim to leave the departure point at 9:30AM sharp so please plan your trip well in advance to avoid delays.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Yarra Valley Dairy, 70-80 McMeikans Rd, Yering, Victoria 3770 Australia
We visit the Yarra Valley Dairy to sample their handcrafted local soft style cheese.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Soumah, 18 Hexham Road, Gruyere, Victoria 3770 Australia
We usually visit Soumah Estate on Mondays and Tuesdays for guided wine tastings followed by a beautiful main course lunch with glass of wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mandala Wines Cellar Door, 1568 Melba Hwy, Dixons Creek, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
We visit Mandala Winery for lunch and wine tastings usually from Wednesdays through to Fridays. Enjoy a sumptuous Italian main course with their estate wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Helen & Joey Estate-Yarra Valley, 12-14 Spring Lane, Gruyere, Victoria 3770 Australia
We visit one of the Yarra Valley's most progressive winery for tastings. They offer delicious regional wines in a beautiful location.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Napoleone, 12 St Huberts Road, Coldstream, Victoria 3770 Australia
We visit Napoleone Ciderhouse / Detour Brewery to enjoy a glass of either their famous ciders or craft beers.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery, 35 Old Healesville Rd Cnr Melba Highway, Yarra Glen, Victoria 3775 Australia
The Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery is a stopover where you get to enjoy their lovely creations at your own indiscretions.
Duration: 30 minutes
- All wine tasting fees at three selected boutique wineries
- A seasonal main course lunch with glass of wine at a winery (can cater to most dietary requests)
- The cheese tasting fee at Yarra Valley Dairy (please note this visit is not available on Public Holidays or Peak Periods between 25th Dec - 8th Jan)
- Visit Napoleone Brewery to enjoy a glass of their beer or cider
- Fun and friendly group sizes (from 6 to 20 guests)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus with seat beats
- Experience local guide
- 9:15AM Pick-up from a central designated point - St Paul's Cathedral
- Drop-off at central designated point - behind Federation Square (on corner of Flinders Street & Russell Street)
- Entry/Admission - Yarra Valley Dairy
- Entry/Admission - Soumah
- Entry/Admission - Mandala Wines Cellar Door
- Entry/Admission - Helen & Joey Estate-Yarra Valley
- Entry/Admission - Napoleone
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Despite the iffy weather, this wine tasting tour was totally awesome! Booked with Dancing Kangaroo tours and was not disappointed. The driver was Sean and he is also the owner/operator. He is a wealth of information regarding the area, history and vineyards/wines. His narration during the drive was far from boring! He's a natural speaker - full of facts delivered with fun and interest. Highly recommend this tour!
I was on this trip solo as my husband was at a convention but the group couldn't have been any friendlier! I knew from the moment our host Sean closed the doors of the van and set off that this was going to be a great day. Everyone was ready for fun and Sean saw to it that we enjoyed every minute, especially our time in the van between stops. Each stop was wonderful but I have to say that the meal was really fantastic.. So fresh and delicious in such a gorgeous setting. There was such a variety with the wine, cheese, food and chocolates. And Sean brings so much amazing energy to the day. It was worth every penny. Don't hesitate. If you like wine, food and fun you MUST do this trip.
Sean who owns and runs Dancing Kangaroo Wine Tours was so much fun. He knows and understands the Yarra Valley and his knowledge of wine making was excellent. He is very passionate about the YarraValley and wine, and it showed. Thank you Sean for a wonderful day.
We enjoyed our Christmas Eve wine tour. The guide was very welcoming and tried very hard to ensure that everyone had a good day. We enjoyed our lunch and the main places we visited. The wineries and the brewery were very good but I found the visit to the chocolate manufacturer to be very busy and a bit hectic. We did all enjoy our day and would recommend this tour.
Most enjoyable day in the beautiful Yarra Valley. Sean is an excellent guide who spent time with everyone on the tour Lunch was great as were all the sites we visited.
Tasted a lot of different wines, had a very nice lunch and a fun guide!
Fantastic tour. Great guide. Good food/lunch. If you plan to buy ice cream at the chocolate factory, share it with someone, single scoop is equivalent to 2-3 normal scoops.
Sean, our guide who also owns this particular tour company pours his heart into this experience and is quick to share his wide-ranging knowledge about the wine industry and about the countryside. His positive energy made him a joy to be around and his timing of our stops throughout the day kept the wine tastings enjoyable as he mixed in the visits to the cheese shop, pizza lunch, and chocolate shop. It was a totally enjoyable, memorable day!