Yarra Valley Wine and Wildlife Day Trip from Melbourne Including Healesville Sanctuary
The world-famous Healesville Sanctuary is set amidst 75 acres of Australian bushland approximately 46 miles (75 km) northeast of Melbourne. The not-for-profit conservation organisation is dedicated to fighting wildlife extinction in Australia. Healesville showcases more than 200 species of Aussie wildlife. Spend your morning observing with some of them, including kangaroos, koalas, emus, wombats, platypuses, and birds of prey.
Then continue on for an early afternoon visit to the Yarra Valley and a sit-down lunch at Yering Station Vineyard’s stunning Wine Bar Restaurant. Enjoy a world-class setting while choosing from a full a la carte menu and sipping on a glass of wine. After your meal, tour the property’s original winery — featuring local artwork and ample vino varietals.
From here pay a visit to De Bortoli Winery at Dixons Creek — known for their premium cool climate wines. It’s also the Yarra Valley’s largest wine producer. Snack on cheese while sampling some of their sparkling, table and dessert wines and taking in spectacular scenic views.
Finally, sit back and savor the valley’s natural beauty and the towns of Steels Creek and Christmas Hills while your driver heads back toward Melbourne. Keep an eye out for kangaroos en route.
- Bottled water
- Lunch and complimentary glass of wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at select Melbourne hotels
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available. Please request when booking
- Does not include meals for infants
- Must be 18 years old or older to drink
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements when booking
- Involves a moderate amount of walking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels are welcome providing there is someone with the passenger who can help them board and disembark
- Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- Encounters with a kangaroo, koala, wombat or dingo are available at extra cost. Please enquire if interested although places are limited
- No charge for infant if they do not occupy a seat. If occupying a seat, rate of $65 applies
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
Had a great time on the Wine and Wildlife Tour. Stephen our guide was first rate, knowledgeable, and thoroughly informative. The lunch at the winery was also top notch. I would highly recommend this tour!
Fabulous! Adrian was a great tour leader. Lunch was great in a beautiful setting. Wine and cheese tasting was fun
This was a wonderful day: trip to Healesville Sanctuary with a fantastic guide and 2 wine tastings with lunch that was delicious! Our guide picked us up and dropped us off at the hotel. Rob was amazing wth his knowledge of Melbourne.
We always try to book one tour so that we aren't mindlessly wandering the area without any real knowledge and this was a nice blend of Australian culture and wine! This probably would have gotten a 5 star but the weather was not the most cooperative for the sanctuary portion-not their fault. Still, very informative as to the wildlife of Australia. You will be able to get your shots of what everyone from home wants to see kangaroos, koalas and platypus' but be prepared to be patient for the koalas because they sleep-a lot! We were taken to 2 wineries in the Yarra Valley wine region where we were treated to a delicious lunch of beef, chicken or fish and our guide threw in some chips! Our guide, Stephen, was very friendly with the local winery staff and put together an enjoyable package of wines and cheeses. Stephen was very friendly and accommodating and made a point to address each of our 10 group members by name. Very enjoyable day and would love to come back on a warmer, dryer day.
The tour guide Paul was more than excellent. He was sincere, caring, professional, patient, knowledgeable and also wiling to take an extra step to make us feel enjoyable. We had a group of 5. All very nice and decent people. We did have a fun and memorable day.