Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yarra Valley, Victoria Australia
Take in some of Victoria’s best wineries in the stunning region of the Yarra Valley, only one hour from Melbourne.
Stop At: Yering Farm Wines, St. Huberts Road, Yering, Victoria Australia
The cellar door which is a converted old hay shed is situated at the top of the hill, overlooking stunning views. This charming rustic cellar door, oozing with character is a fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional winemaking techniques. The cellar door proudly showcases antique cooper tools used by pioneer winemakers over a century ago.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa, 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, Australia
Tucked away just off the Melba Hwy, Balgownie is a real gem. With spectacular views and a great display on the history of winemaking, this place has a lot to offer. The cellar door staff will share some of their great wines with you after which time you can relax and enjoy the view or wander around their facilities.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rae's Restaurant Balgownie Estate, 1309 Melba Hwy, Yarra Glen VIC 3775, Australia
Tucked away just off the Melba Hwy, Balgownie is a real gem.
With spectacular views and a great display on the history of winemaking, this place has a lot to offer. The cellar door staff will share some of their great wines with you before you move into the stunning restaurant for your delicious 1 course lunch to include a glass of wine and tea or coffee.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Domaine Chandon Winery, 727 Maroondah Hwy, Coldstream, Victoria 3770 Australia
French Champagne company Moet & Chandon’s Australian production house Domain Chandon is the perfect way to finish the day with a guided tour through the winery that shows how the wine is made followed by a relaxing glass of Australia’s best bubbly and a view that will leave you in awe. Spectacular, to say the least.
Duration: 1 hour
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned mini bus
- Wine tastings at four Yarra Valley wineries
- Lunch at Balgownie Estate or equivalent
- Glass of wine and tea or coffee with lunch
- Entry/Admission - Yering Farm Wines
- Entry/Admission - Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa
- Entry/Admission - Rae's Restaurant Balgownie Estate
- Entry/Admission - Domaine Chandon Winery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult; 1 child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age for this tour is 5 years at adult rate; prior to boarding, a consent form must be signed by the parent or guardian of any child between the ages of 5 and 10 to confirm the child's age
- Minimum age is to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available daily, for other special dietary needs please advise at booking
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, and the maximum number of people per one booking is 8; it cannot be guaranteed that groups larger than 8 will be accommodated on the same vehicle
- Please note: The exact itinerary, venues and timing are subject to change without notice
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
We had a great experience on the Yarra Valley Wine Tour. Our guide Kevin was very pleasant and shared his vast knowledge of wine with us. I would definitely recommend this tour.
Had a great day out in the Yarra Valley with Tony. He provided us with a lot of information on the region, the lunch was great and it didnt feel rushed so that we could spend enough time at each winery.
We visited three stunning wineries, varying in size and wines, with lunch at Chandon!! We highly recommend this day tour!!
Had a great time. Very good wine tasting tips provided. Lots of general information about the wineries and how the wine is produced
Driver was very knowledgeable not only about the wines but the area and local history as well. Small group worked well, plus the opportunity to talk with travellers from 6 or 7 other countries
Overall a great tour but our guide just made us feel a bit rushed. He did a lot of talking and then wouldn’t give us a ton of time to just enjoy the wineries. Felt a bit judged being the last ones back on the bus (and we weren’t late!)
Everything ran like clockwork. The driver stuck to a schedule which allowed us to view four wineries. Great bunch of people on the tour; very friendly; mixed well. Developed a greater appreciation for "boutique/ family run wineries."
Fantastic day with an extremely knowledgeable guide John who made us all feel welcome. Would highly recommend Wine and Food were great!!