The Real Gaucho Day Trip from Mendoza - Don Daniel Ranch
The Gaucho is a nationalistic symbol in Argentina. Gauchos became greatly admired and renowned in legends, folklore and in literature and became an important part of the regional cultural tradition.
A gaucho’s horse constituted most of what he owned in the world!
Why this tour is much more than horseback riding?
This exclusive Gaucho tour offers you a day in the life of our authentic gaucho, Daniel.
You will discover what it is like to cross the Andes on horseback with Daniel and experience the majestic silence that nature offers high on the mountain tops.
Daniel and his family have opened their small mountain cottage to create a unique experience and share with you simple pleasures in life working as a modern day gaucho.
With over 40 horses and 400 cattle, Daniel works daily to ensure his family and animals are safe and well cared for.
This tour is unlike any of the other popular and mainstream horseback riding offered in Mendoza, and is dependent on Daniel’s work schedule and weather conditions.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Mendoza / Lujan de Cuyo / Chacras de Coria
- Professional driver
- Local guide English/Spanish/Portuguese/French speaking
- Mate and homemade donuts at Gaucho's ranch
- Authentic Argentinian BBQ "Asado" in the Andes
- Horseback riding tour
- Rent of winter clothes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Mandatory: Long pants, coats and/or wind break, small backpack, sunscreen, hat and sun glasses; In winter also gloves, scarf and woolly hat and spare socks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
The Gaucho Day trip with Don Daniel was outstanding. We transferred from our hotel to the ranch no problem and stopped at Potrerillos along the way to take in the amazing views as well as to pick up snacks and drinks. We got to the ranch where our guide showed us around the ranch, and then went into the gaucho's home where his wife and kids made us fresh sopapillas and mate. We headed out on horseback into the mountains taking in more amazing views and stopped in a very scenic valley for lunch. We had a wonderful lunch of meat, veggies, and wine which we chilled in the stream!. We headed back down the mountain to the ranch in the afternoon. All horses on our trip were very easy and none were too excitable. When we got back to the ranch, people were there for an asado. We headed back to Mendoza. I would highly recommend this trip. It was the best highlight of many on our trip to the Andes!
The scenery was worth the price alone! Great day trekking through the mountains and taking in the wonderful views, broke for lunch and a drop of wine with only our horses and the farm dogs for company! Our guide was really helpful and spoke excellent English, would highly recommend this trip!
Amazing experience. Great guides and accommodations. The natural beauty is mesmerizing