Private tour from Messina: Etna Volcano and Winery Visit with Food and Wine Tasting
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Messina, Piazza del Duomo, Messina, Sicily Italy
Your personal tour leader will pick you up at your accommodation/port in Messina, and you will start your wonderful private travel to the highest active volcano in Europe. Driving by comfortable, air-conditioned car through the small authentic mountain villages, you will admire unforgettable picturesque views of Sicilian countryside full of oranges and lemon plantations, olives and almond trees, houses and churches built of lava stone. Enjoying amazing sea view and lava fields, you will arrive to a charming mountain town Zafferana Etnea, where you will visit local honey farm and taste the produce of the fertile volcano land - honey, olive oils, olives, wines and liquors. Then you will continue to drive up the volcano and reach the plateau Rifugio Sapienza at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level. Here you can feel the exceptional atmosphere of Etna volcano, admire the lunar landscapes, see the famous Silvestri craters, visit small shops where you can buy souvenirs made of lava. Optionally, you can ascent with cable car and jeep with the authorized Alpine Guide until 3000mt for additional fee (65 Euro).
After this atmospheric journey, the guide will chauffer you in relax to one of the best wineries at the foot of Etna. The owner of the winery will welcome you with a glass of cool white grillo, and you will have a tour of the estate, see how the grape is growing, and visit the cellars, while the owner explains you all about the wine making process and the history of this family run winery. Then you will sit on a beautiful terrace with an amazing panoramic view of the Mediterranean, and have traditional delicious lunch of locally produced cheeses, salami, prosciuttto, home-made sausages, cous-cous, mushrooms, vegetables, fresh bread, olives and home-made olive oil. A professional sommelier will offer you 5 glasses of Sicilian Etna DOC red and white wines.
After the tour, your guide will drop you off at your accommodation or port in Messina.
Duration: 6 hours
- Private tour only for your party by comfortable air-conditioned car
- Private local tour leader
- Private driver/guide
- Guided tour of Etna
- Visit to local honey farm and tasting of honey, jams, olives, olive oils, wines and liquors
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off in Messina
- Round-trip transportation by private comfortable car
- Bottled water, snacks
- Visit of one of the best Etna wineries and food and wine tasting
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Messina
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Cable car to an altitude of 3000 m (65 Euro for 1 person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We visited Mt Etna and then had lunch at a grapevine covered taverns overlooking a vineyard. The food was among the best we had on our two week trip to Italy and Greece. Wonderful salad, sausages, and wines were all served by pleasant and accommodating waitstaff. We also had one of the vintners explain their process. Our guide Maurizio’s passion for his region shone through the entire visit. He was extremely informative and pleasant. We felt like we were being shown around by a friend.
Beat the crowds and do what you want tour!!! Etna is wonderful. What a sight!! Food was Great!! The Wine was worth the trip all by itself. Guide was very knowledgeable and customized the trip for us.