Little Havana Cultural Walking and Food Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Little Havana, Miami, FL
Meet your tour guide at the Bay of Pigs Memorial at 10am to begin this cultural walking tour through a humble but evolving neighborhood, boasting a kaleidoscope of culture, traditional customs, and vivid colors. Weave in and out of streets that mark the site of secret ritual offerings, the very location where the Bay of Pigs was planned, and the fountain of youth for the mature resident. You'll find out which cigar JFK liked so much that he bought the entire national supply before passing the embargo. Enjoy a fun and informative walk through Little Havana. Sample some classic Cuban bites which may include a Cuban sandwich, fried plantains, roast pork, and Cuban coffee at a family restaurant. Your tour guide can answer any questions about the history, the food, the people, and the politics. Guides will gladly take your photos for your entire group so no one is left out. A pre-planned menu is selected. Coffee, sodas, and juices are not included but may be purchased on their own. The tour ends at the El Pub restaurant around 1pm.
Duration: 3 hours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour takes place rain or shine
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Please provide any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements section when booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- A tropical fruit juice and coffee are served before the meal. During the tapas-style lunch, only water is served. Guests may purchase beverages (soda. cocktails, beer) and dessert separately.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Great history, great food and a nice opportunity to see Little Havana. Danny, our tour guide, was very informative. I returned to the open-air food market called Los Pinareeños to buy a fruit called “mamy”; it was excellent. I also bought plantains in different stages of ripeness. The owner told me how to prepare them and they were also delicious.
This tour gave us a great introduction to Little Havana and was a great preaparation for our vist two days later real Havanna. We visited the Bay of Pogs monument and received an indepth presentation about the events leading up to and during this critical event. We visited the Domino Park, Guanamara Cigar Store, stopped to admire and lesrn about the many murals, and had a great Cuban lunch at El
This is a thorough and entertaining walk through Little Havana and its cultural delights and challenges.
Christine was an amazing tour guide, I highly recommend taking this trip
I booked this tour for myself and my 2 teenage kids ages 14 and 17. We got lucky and essentially had our own private tour which exceeded our expectations and ended up being the highlight of our Miami/Key West vacation. Our tour guide, Annalise, had the right amount of energy. She is a local who grew up in Little Havana so she knows first hand the local culture. Anna shared interesting historical facts and pointed out the growth, changes, and development of this cultural area. Being a native of the area, she introduced us to business owners, locals, and artists who were all extremely welcoming and friendly. She picked up right away that we are lovers of art and made a point to highlight all the murals and took us to all the local art galleries. We had local cuisine for lunch which was amazing. We would not change anything about our tour experience and this was definitely worth the price. We highly recommend this tour hands down!
We loved our Little Havana Cultural Walking and Food Tour. Annalise our host was magnificent. Since she is a native of Miami, with ties to Venezuela, Cuba and the Latin culture, we felt her passion, desire to tell us the history of the real Little Havana, and give us a perspective of the area. This was one of our favorite things that we did during our 5 days in Miami. I would strongly recommend. Also, the food / sample stops were excellent. The real Cuba fare.