Bernina Express Train: day-trip to the Swiss Alps
The Bernina Express is Europe’s highest alpine railway and follows one of the world’s most spectacular routes up to 2,253 meters above sea level. It’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Your journey starts amid the palms of Tirano in northern Italy and takes you up the spiral Brusio viaduct and through the Bernina Pass into the Engadin Valley before arriving at St Moritz. Along the way, you'll pass wild gorges and icy glaciers, cross soaring bridges and shoot through loop tunnels. This north-south Alpine crossing offers breathtaking views and stunning scenery as you travel over boldly curved viaducts and through winding tunnels.
After the train journey, you’ll visit the exclusive resort of St Moritz and enjoy free time to explore before returning to Milan by air-conditioned coach.
- 7.00am: Departure from Milan, Zani Viaggi Agency / Milan Visitor Centre - Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani (MM1 Cairoli)
- 10.00am: Arrival at Tirano, free time to explore and have lunch. In the early afternoon, panoramic trip onboard the famous Bernina Express (journey time around 2 hrs)
- 3.00pm: Arrival at St Moritz – free time to explore the city
- 4.30pm: Departure to Milan
- About 8.00pm: Arrival at Milan, Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani