Small-Group Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip with Abbey Entrance and Cider Tasting
For centuries the Mont Saint-Michel has been the focus of pilgrims from all over the world. Travelling from near and far, they would sometimes walk for weeks to see this beautiful island and visit the Abbey at it’s peak. It was and remains a one of a kind site to visit in France and throughout the world. Luckily today we don’t have to walk as much to enjoy it!
Join our small group tour and enjoy a comfortable ride from central Paris right to the island. As you walk through the medieval streets your guide will share stories and legends about this amazing one of a kind island town. Once inside the Abbey you will be able to explore at your own pace, with an audio-guide. You’ll also enjoy free time to explore the village and eat lunch in one of the many great restaurants available.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- The Village: Built up at the foot of the monastery the original inhabitants chose this spot for it’s safety and in order to trade with pilgrims on their way to pray to Saint Michael.
- The Abbey: The construction started in the 700’s and continued through the 1200’s. Entrance tickets into the Abbey as well as an audio-guide are included in our tour price.
- Apple Cider Tasting: Normandy is known for it’s wonderful apple production and we’ll make a special stop and let you taste some of the famous Cider, Pommeau and Calvados.
- Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: You’ll ride in comfort a all of our minivans are brand new!
- Live Guide: Learn the legends and history of Mont Saint Michel from our professional guide who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Audio-guide: Inside of the Monastery you’ll be able to use an audio-guide so that you have greater freedom to wander and focus on the parts that interest you the most.
- Small Group Tour
- Cider tasting
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small Group Tour limited to 8 people
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 7 years
I would highly recommend this trip. Claire was excellent, helpful, very knowledgeable, and kept everyone’s spirits up on a particularly hot day.
The day was very long but we expected that. The tour guide was very nice, but not much talking for duration of trip from Paris until we got to Mont Saint Michel. He did explain things once we arrived at Mont Saint Michel which he did a good job of. Van is more of a Cargo/mini van style. It was very clean and well kept. You are not allowed to eat or drink on the van other than water. Note the seats DO NOT recline which would have been nice for the travel time as it’s about a 4 hour drive to get there and then the same 4 hour drop I’ve back to Paris. The views across the French countryside were beautiful. We really enjoyed the day but could have been more comfortable in another style of vehicle . They provided one stop either direction at a gas station/plaza type location. Restrooms lines were very long.
This is a most see! I will def re-visit this placed! Loved it. And plenty of time to walk around! It fell like a Disney movie!
The van was very comfortable and we had breaks at clean rest stops on the way up and back. We left early in the morning @ 7:00 am which was good, as later in the day Mont St Michel got very crowded. The tour guide Antione was very informative and personable. He knew the history of the Church and the whole area. We had enough time to tour the whole Cathedral, plus have a quick lunch and tour the town. Having a small group was nice. Although it's a long drive the roads were good and we made a stop on the way up and back at clean rest staions. Mont Saint Michele is such a beautiful sight to see that the 3 hour trip is well worth it.
This excursion is as listed. Our guide was okay - he added some minor tidbits about Normandy/Mont St. Michel as we were walking towards the abbey and back. Once you're at the abbey, you do a self-guided audio tour. Once finished with that, you grab lunch on your own and then head back to Paris with another stop along the way for snacks/bathroom. Pretty simple and straightforward day. You could probably get to Mont St Michel from Paris using trains/buses and save maybe money, but this was definitely easier.