Chukka's ATV Off-Road Adventure in Sandy Bay
When you arrive, get a safety briefing and tour rundown from an instructor. Learn how to drive your ATV, watch a demonstration, and strap on your helmet for a practice ride. Once you feel confident on your four-wheel bike, set off on your adventure with an experienced guide leading the way!
Rumble through the rugged countryside and as you gain confidence, pick up speed on your bike. Splash through puddles, speed past citrus plantations, roar up and down hills, and thrill as you bump along the twisting dirt trails.
Journey through the lush plains of the Blue Hole Estate, pass the beautiful community of Cascade in the parish of Hanover, and trundle by the farming village of Smithfield. Pause at one of the island’s oldest Presbyterian churches, built by slaves in 1840; and climb through forested slopes to a mountain viewpoint, at 2,200 feet (670m) above sea level, to admire the panoramic views.
Along the way, discover some of Jamaica’s native flora and fauna, and hear from your guide how some plants are used in the island’s beloved herbal remedies.
When the time comes, return to the safari ranch. Leave your ATV and perhaps revive your energies with a meal or drinks (both at own expense) at the ranch bar and grill.
Then, relax on your return journey, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (please note: port pickup is not available)
- ATV off-road tour (1 person per ATV)
- Use of helmet
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please Note: Operator cannot pickup from Sandals Resorts
- Passengers must not exceed 420 pounds (190 kg) to participate in this tour
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Only one person per ATV is allowed
- Sneakers or enclosed shoes
- Valid driver's license
- Money for lunch, drinks and souvenirs at the ranch
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
There were a group of seven of us on our first trip to Jamaica. The equipment was in good condition and the staff did a great job explaining what to expect and how do use it . The trip itself was a lot of fun
Me and 5 friend 26-30 decided to do ATV while I’m Mobay on vacation. It was about an 1.5 hour drive, but the driver tried to make it as interesting as possible. ATV was a hour long. If you have rode before it's frustrating to get behind a person who has never rode before, takes all the thrill away. Different levels of riding would be good. Inwas expecting to get a lot more mud on me than I did. Also the also the area we rode through some parts were locals neighborhoods with kids standing outside.
This was fun and outstanding excellent service.