Wine Tasting and Tour of The Most Beautiful Cellar in the World
Respecting the philosophy of great red wines, and the terms defined for the aging in wood here we find rows of enormous Slavonian oak barrels, perfectly conserved, where lie thousands of hectolitres of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, and other rows with dozens of tonneaux and barrique barrels made of quality French wood.
In the other areas of the historic cellar one is pushed and squeezed gradually into the buried depths of the sandy tufa to penetrate into the twilight, suggestive paths of tunnels have been created from which fossils have been found denoting its very ancient origins.
The wine tasting includes:
• 3 wines DOC and DOCG di Montepulciano: usually a Supertuscan, Nobile, Nobile Riserva;
• Selection of 2/3 pecorino cheeses of various ages,
• Selection of 4/5 typical Tuscan salamis ;
• bruschetta with extra-virgin olive oil and typical Tuscan crostini;
• Salad with oil and balsamic vinegar or legume soup
• Water and bread
• Centro storico, Piazza Grande, 53045, Montepulciano Italy
- Cellar tour
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Very beautiful wine cellar, and very nice wine tasting. The hostess spoke perfect English, and gave us a very nice tour explaining the history of Montepulchano and the wine family. The tasting was very nice, and we bought some nice wine home. My best recommendations. One note. When you arrive to the address, you must enter the backyard, and go down into and through the wine cellar. You will meet the reception in the back.
We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and wine tasting at this ancient winery. The food and wine were fantastic! The ancient wine cellar was amazing to see.
This was the best wine tasting and tour that we had while in Tuscany! The wine cellar tour was amazing. Ive never seen anything like it. You walk down several stairs deep into the cellar. The history was fascinating. Ron was our guide and did a great job! After the tour we had a tasting of 3 of their wines and a dessert wine accompanied by wonderful food including cheese, meats, bruschetta and salad. Delicious! Very enjoyable experience. Highly recommend this tour!