Carmel Small-Group Food and Wine Walking Tour
Visit local eateries and food shops to meet the owners and enjoy some gourmet tastings. Places you may visit include restaurants that range from fine dining through a local tavern. Specialty shops make for interesting educational opportunities as well as unique taste treats.
Your Carmel food tour ends in the early afternoon, leaving you plenty of time to revisit the restaurants and shops later to experience more culinary delights, and return to your favorites for lunch or dinner throughout the rest of your stay.
- 3-hour food and wine tasting tour
- All food samplings (enough for lunch)
- All beverages
- Professional foodie guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years for wine tasting
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over the age of 4; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** Special Note for VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, LACTOSE-INTOLERANT, and low-FODMAPs (low-carb) Guests: This tour is designed to showcase the foods of Carmel and Monterey County and is not an a la carte type of setting. We have carefully selected food tastings in partnership with our vendors that reflect the uniqueness of our area and its food scene, and these selections sometimes include meat, wheat, and dairy products. Substitutions made for those adhering to a Vegan, Gluten-Free, lactose-intolerant, or low-FODMAPs diet may not reflect these selections. We can easily accommodate vegetarian/pescatarian diets. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.
We have done food tours around the world and this was one of the best!
It was a super experience! Amber did a great job as our tour guide, providing interesting information about Carmel along the walks, as well as helping our hosts at the different restaurants present their dishes. Nice variety of tastings, from creamy polenta topped with Kobe short rib meat, to soft tacos of chorizo and chicken with a side of crickets for the daring, to a tomato bisque, all with perfect beverage pairings. Dessert was a light and luscious tiramisu, followed by fascinating tastings of olive oil and balsamics, and of raw local honeys, and some unique ways to use them. Finished with delicious chocolates, feeling comfortably satisfied. Be sure to wear comfortable, supportive shoes because the streets, sidewalks and little pathways are all made from different materials e.g., some brick, some stone, some cracked cement and pretty bumpy.
Mig was a wonderful guide. Fun and knowledgeable. Great way to taste/drink your way through the sites of Carmel. Arrive hungry and thirsty.
Great food and drinks at some of Carmel's finest restaurants! We will do it again when we return! Small group ... wonderful guide ... highly recommend
Can't wait to do the breakfast tour next.