Cultural Tour of Lower Monument Valley Tribal Park
The Cultural, 3.5 hour tour makes a first stop at the famous John Ford’s Point where many of John Wayne’s western cinematic movies were filmed. Next, your guide will drive to The Backcountry of the park and escort you to the “Sun’s Eye Arch" and Hogan Demonstration.
At “Sun’s Eye Arch” you will be standing at a specific degree to look up into the rock arch and see why it is named Sun’s Eye. At the same location you will also see Petroglyphs and hear your guide’s stories.
Next, you will travel to the “Big Hogan.” The Big Hogan is a great place to take family pictures and lie against the rocks and feel its warmth. Your guide will provide stories and suggest great photo shots.
The last stop in the Backcountry is the “Ear of the Wind.” This is the largest arch in the park, and your guide will escort you to a photogenic spot where you can take photographs.
Next, you will be guided to the Totem Pole and Yei Bi Cheii Monuments where you will be able to take photographs and hear the cultural stories behind each monument. The last stop is at the North Window where you will have a chance to take pictures of the Mittens and Butte at a different angle. Your tour guide will then slowly and safely transport you back to your departure point.
Unfortunately, we cannot give much information about our guides’ stories because each guide has very uniquely different stories to tell. Our guides’ stories come from personal experience, lore, legends and the Navajo culture.
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local professional guide
- Pet Friendly
- Transport by open-air Safari vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Entrance fee to the Monument Valley Tribal Park. National Park passes are not accepted at entrance to park.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all adult/senior travelers
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pet friendly
- GROUP TOUR ONLY. NON-PRIVATE TOURS. All tours depart from The View Hotel VIsitor's Lobby.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
Thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. Our tour was essentially private. Will do again.
Outstanding. Harry our guide was interesting, informative, entertaining, and edicutional. He along with Clint who joined us at times acould not have been better. One of our BEST experiences on our Western trip. The best way to see and understand Monumental Valley. Robert
Fantastic. If you want see Monument valley but don't have a great deal of time just do this. Fantastic. Very Dusty. Take some old cloths.
Well informed Guide Tour about right length of time Adequate time allowed to ask questions I had Met on time by agent, the Guide was a little late but overall did not impact on tour.