The Kremlin in Moscow is one of Russia's must-see attractions, a beautiful fortress in the heart of the city full of history and legends. The former residence of the Russian tsars and communist leaders, the Kremlin today is the headquarters for Russia's president.
The Kremlin houses 800 years of history and behind its medieval walls, you will discover Moscow's oldest square and see the stunning cathedrals where Russian rulers got married, were crowned and are buried as well as view what were once the world's largest cannon and church bell.
Highlights of the tour include:
- The Senate Palace where the President lives
- 15th century Uspensky Sobor (Assumption Cathedral), once the main cathedral of Moscow Kingdom
- Archangelsky Sobor (Archangel Cathedral), the shrine of Tsars
- Blagoveschensky Sobor (Cathedral of the Annunciation)
- Kolokolnya Ivana Velikogo (Ivan the Great Bell Tower)
- Tsar Kolokol (Tsar Bell) and Tsar Pushka (Tsar Cannon), two of Moscow's strangest monuments
- The Grand Kremlin Palace, the president's reserve residence