Day Tour to the Enchanting Forts of Nizwa
After a tour of Nizwa you will continue on to the souk, famous for its Bedouin silver jewelry.
The drive continues via Tanuf and Bahla to Jabreen, to visit one of Oman's most beautiful forts, famous for its wall and ceiling murals, before returning to your hotel in Muscat.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Luxury air-conditioned coach or mini-bus transport
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- Buses used for excursions are of the highest standard available. All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with a microphone.
- 4x4 vehicles used for the off-road safaris are air-conditioned with a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver. All drivers are qualified off-road professionals, first-aid trained and carry cell phones. All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles. Hats or some protection for the head are advisable when in direct sunlight. Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages.
- Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings or military installations are not allowed.
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of this tour for reasons of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or similar.
We expected a minibus but were picked up by a limousine with a very competent omani driver and guide, who gave all the information about wonderful Oman in very good english. We saw Nizwa Fort, the new and the old town of Nizwa, Bahla and Jabreen castle. After coming from the Emirates it is amazing to see Muscat with also perfect infrastructure but without any high rise buildings. Thank you and our driver for this tour. Friedrich
A wonderful drive through the lovely countryside of Oman. We visited an enticing date shop, irresistible dates and coffee on hand. Had a good lunch and sampled real Oman. Excellent day out with a guide who answered all our questions about Oman's history and offered insights into the past. An older guide is a good idea as he has experience and a wealth of knowledge.
Rashid was an excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable guide. Good and interesting content and decent value. Overall an enjoyable day.
Very nice tour guide with lots of info