Private Day Tour to the Enchanting Forts of Nizwa
After a tour of Nizwa you will continue on to the cattle market and the souk, famous for its Bedouin silver jewelry.
The drive continues via Tanuf and Bahla to Jabreen, to visit one of Oman's most beautiful forts, famous for its wall and ceiling murals, before returning to your hotel in Muscat.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Luxury air-conditioned car or mini-bus transport
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- Buses used for excursions are of the highest standard available. All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with a microphone.
- 4x4 vehicles used for the off-road safaris are air-conditioned with a maximum capacity of 6 passengers plus driver. All drivers are qualified off-road professionals, first-aid trained and carry cell phones. All vehicles are equipped with seat-belts and passengers are required to wear them at all times.
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings. Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles. Hats or some protection for the head are advisable when in direct sunlight. Oman has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages.
- Normal tourist photography is acceptable, but it is considered offensive to photograph Arab women. It is also courteous to ask permission before photographing men. Photographs of government buildings or military installations are not allowed.
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel any part of this tour for reasons of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or similar.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
excellent tour, Rasheed is very kind, friendly and knowledgeable, really enjoyed it
Tour guide was friendly and engaging. He managed the details of the trip well. He was not however very informative about history or culture. Tour would have been better if he had arranged for other persons to join us who could have discussed history and cultural aspects of the sights being seen. At the very least, the guide could have recommended use of audio guidance in the forts.
A safe and pleasant driver taking us through stunning country to the Nizwa Fort. Very interesting, as was a stroll through the nearby souks, checking out the local coffee and Omani sweets. Then onto Jabreen Castle, which we considered even better than Nizwa. It was good being able to look around at our leisure, without being ordered around. We were not hassled, and could take our time, or not, as we chose. Lunch was taken at a roadside cafe. OK, but not particularly elegant. Next time we would take a packed lunch. All in all, a tour to be recommended.