1-Day Tour: Snow Monkeys & Snow Fun in the Shiga-kogen Highlands Nagano
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, 6845 Heion, Yamanouchi-machi, Shimotakai-gun 381-0401 Nagano Prefecture
Meet these truly curious creatures and have time to enjoy the unique experience of observing them in close proximity
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shiga Kogen Ski Area, Shigakogen, Yamanouchi-machi, Shimotakai-gun 381-0401 Nagano Prefecture
You will be transported to the central area of Ichinose for a afternoon of snow fun, with an activity area sectioned-off for you to enjoy using snowscoots, snowdrives, and good old-fashioned sleds and tubes
Duration: 2 hours
- Transportation from Nagano Station to the Snow Monkey Park and to Shiga-kogen Highlands Ski Resorts and back to Nagano Station.
- Lunch (vegetarian options are available)
- English-speaking guide
- Snow activity fees in Shiga-kogen Highlands
- Entrance fee to the Snow Monkey Park
- Entry/Admission - Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park
- Entry/Admission - Shiga Kogen Ski Area
- Shinkansen/bullet train tickets
- Rental boots (if required)
- Rental clothing including snow jackets & pants (if required)
- Additional snacks, food & drinks at Shiga Kogen
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The temperature of winter months in Shiga-kogen Highlands is cold and can be minus 5 – 10 degree. Please be dressed in warm, waterproof clothing and boots for snow activities. There are rentals for snow outfits (snow jackets, pants, gloves, snow boots) available for ¥500 each. You can pay the fee to your guide on the spot.
- Children from 3 years old and up can join this tour.
- Infants (3-5) are free of charge. (No tour meal is included. Please order foods directly to the restaurant.)
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park. In such case we will provide an alternative activity
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
We had a brilliant day..our guide Luokie was so attentive and accommodating..we had a 1.8 km walk through snow covered paths, some parts steep, and I struggled a bit (little overweight :( ). She kept checking up on me. We had a traditional Japanese lunch, and then headed off up to the snow for a play ...brilliant, it snowed on us, freezing but brilliant. We are Aussies from Nth qLD so we had a ball!!!
The best day trip. Guides and staff were so friendly and keen to make our day enjoyable. Peter our guide to the Snow Monkeys was so attentive to all of his guests and had great knowledge about the area. The lunch venue was superb and having every ready for us in advance was so amazing. Shinji and Kana apologies spelling our guide and driver for the snow tour were also amazing. They bent over backwards to ensure we had the best time and really made our kids feel special. They were so friendly that we have decided to return to Nagano over skiing in Korea. Ensure that you keep all of these 3 staff. All of the staff at the snow area were awesome. Japan service is truly world leading.
We had so much fun especially on the snow tour at the Highlands. Kenji was a very good tour guide and speaks fluent English.