Napa Valley Wine Trolley and Castle Tour with Tasting
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yountville Park, Washington St. at Madison St., Yountville, CA
After pickup from your designated meeting point in Yountville, your Napa Valley Wine Trolley tour takes you north on Highway 29, the scenic St Helena Highway. Make yourself comfortable in the open-air motorized trolley, and listen to commentary from your guide as you enjoy the fresh air and vineyard views during the drive up to the St Helena and Calistoga areas. After about 30 minutes, you’ll reach your first of three wineries, Castello di Amorosa.
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the winery, including the medieval-style Tuscan castle, and then enjoy a wine tasting of varietals like pinot noir, sangiovese or award-winning chardonnay. (Note: This tasting ONLY is included.)
Next, head to Clos Pegase Estate, a "must visit" destination for those seeking a tranquil environment to enjoy renowned architecture and world-class wine. The winery design was completed by acclaimed architect Michael Graves 1987 and includes the iconic building, the idyllic grounds, and unique caves. Midday, you will enjoy lunch catered by French-bistro The Girl & the Fig in one of the various areas at the winery. Savor a buffet of sandwiches, side salads, and desserts, served family style so you can pick and choose among tasty offerings.
After a delicious wine tasting and lunch, hop back on the trolley for one more stop at another Napa valley winery. Since there are so many wineries in Napa, we keep this winery as an every changing rotation of the many eclectic wineries and tasting rooms that Napa has to offer.
Your tour ends with the trolley ride back down valley.
Pass By: Napa Valley Wine Trolley, 1754 2nd St Suite B1, Napa, CA 94559-2451
Admission is free
Pass By: Oakville Grocery, 7856 St Helena Hwy, Oakville, CA 94562-9200
Visit Oakville Grocery
Pass By: Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, 3369 St Helena Hwy No., St. Helena, CA 94574
A visit to Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park
Pass By: Beringer Vineyards, 2000 Main St, St. Helena, CA 94574-9500
Visit to Beringer Vineyards
- Transport by open-air trolley
- Live commentary on board
- 2-hour castle tour and 1 tasting
- Lunch including bottled water
- Pick-up from San Francisco is NOT included
- Tasting fees at 2 wineries ($20-$30 per winery)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed while riding the trolley
- Pickup and drop-off is available for select Napa hotels only, see below; if you require this service, please note in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- You MUST advise any specific dietary requirements in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- Jackets and rain protection are recommended in the winter months
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Napa Valley Wine Trolley operates “Rain or Shine” year-round. However, if there is a chance of rain, high winds, or unforeseen mechanical problems, we may have to substitute the trolley for a mini-bus. The Napa Valley Wine Trolley reserved the right to substitute or change tour stops at any time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The Trolley departs V Marketplace at 10:15 sharp. Do not be late.
- Foreign language guides offered with notice: Spanish, French and Mandarin. Please contact the supplier directly after booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
Enjoyed this tour immensely! From start to finish it was a great tour. Out tran guide was very entertaining and enthusiastic. The highlight of the tour was of course Castillo de Amorosa. Gary, our wine tour guide was funny, entertaining and an expert in everything. Would recommend this tour to everyone. Would just suggest a bit of an upgrade with the lunch picnic though. Maybe add some cheese and pasta instead of just sandwiches.
Tour guide and trolley driver, Dylan, was very personable and we had a ball on the Napa Wine Trolley. He was extremely knowledgeable and we learned so much about the area. Our guide at the castle, Kerry, was really terrific. That was our favorite stop. Lunch was delicious at Berringer -our compliments to the catering company. We had a great experience and would recommend to all!!
We were a little cautious about the trip as we had seen some poor reviews of journey and the additional wine tasting costs however we are really glad we did the trip. Our tour guide Dillion was fantastic and made sure that we had the most time at all the spots we visited. The additional costs for tasting was outweighed by the quality of the service and wines we were tasting. The Castle tour was defiantly the highlight. We would recommend this to anyone visiting Napa Valley and would like to visit a few vineyards without the worry of driving/travelling between them.
The Napa wine trolley experience was great. Our tour guide was engaging and knowledgeable. Lunch was surprisingly delicious. Weather was perfect, making it a wonderful day.
Very well organized tour . Castle was amazing .
Viator didn't email me about the agenda, probably because it is a 5 days short notice. I was thinking to go directly to Napa and get it from there but it so happens it is a tourist information office only. To make things short we are late for the tour, the trolley cannot wait for us. We were asked to go directly to the castle so we can join the tour and on the way home we have to take UBER and pay 46. What a trip? And it's our first-time experience!
If you want to take a really fun ride on an open trolley and drink some good wine this is a very fun excursion. Larger group of people so you do have to wait for everyone to gather up and lunch was served very late in the day. We had a good time and met new people... our guide was also fun and engaging.