Delhi Cultural Experience: Cook and Eat with a Local Family
This is not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, an opportunity to experience Indian hospitality. Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 participants adds to this unique and intimate experience.
At the end of the trip you are free for personal exploration or your guide will drive you back to your Delhi city hotel.
- Local guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Home cooked dinner at host home
- Chai drink
- Local snacks
- Hotel drop-off (Delhi city hotels only)
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that out of respect for our hosts, alcohol will not be served with dinner and should not be taken to the host's place of residence.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Maximum group size is 12.
We visited Ajid and his family. A brilliant experience. He and his parents had excellent English so we were able to discuss lots of things about and get a good insight into life and society in India. The food vegetarian was also great, and it was interesting to understand how it was prepared.
This tour made a nice break from the historic buildings. An opportunity to mix with the locals, discuss cultural differences, share in the preparation and eating of a meal. Definitely a good choice.
I wanted to share an experience with a working class family. My host was warm and gracious and I enjoyed the dinner. My recommendation to improve this experience is to schedule when guest is not traveling during rush hour. The trip was one hour going and three returning to hotel in New Delhi.
An excellent way to get to realy know the people! My delightful guide Komal picked me up at my hotel and whisked me away in an airconditioned car to her northwestern Dehli home where I met her parents, grandma and younger brother - all anxious to practice their Engish while "mama" taught me how simple it was to try my hand at making a lovely veggie Indian meal! The food was great and the hands-on experience couldn't have been more fun! I'd highly recommend this to anyone visiting Delhi as a great way to REALLY see beyond the India Gate and the swarming traffic into the real heart of India!
Our guide, Komal, was so wonderful and articulate. She shared her family, home, and uncle's excellent cooking with us. Most importantly, we got to learn all about the wedding season that was going on when we were there and showed us how a middle class Indian family actually lives. A fabulous and worthwhile experience we will always remember!