Experience Indian Food: Delhi Food Tour
During the food walk, guests visit 8-10 food joints and taste 18-19 different dishes including one full fledged meal at the end. None of the food items included are too spicy but can be made if so desired. In Old Delhi we walk for short distances and use cycle rickshaws for longer distances. Once the guests are finished with Old Delhi, we get in to the car to explore New Delhi and it's food. During the tour, we also visit a few attractions of the city like the biggest spice market in city, a charitable kitchen feeding thousands of people every day and a few others. This is a perfect introduction to India and Indian cuisines for first time as well as regular visitors.
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Snacks, drinks and meals
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in central Delhi zone)
- Rickshaw rides
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Free pickup and drop is provided from central Delhi. For pickup and drop from places outside this zone, a drop of USD 25 is applicable.
- Free bottled water, hand wipes, sanitizer are provided in every tour.
- Although we take care to ensure that food is as safe as possible, we can't be held responsible for any illness or injury due to any food item consumed or activity during the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
One of the best tours I've ever had and I've traveled to 30 countries. My guide, Ashwini, was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, spoke excellent English, and made it an enjoyable experience. I tasted local foods I wouldn't have known about otherwise. Highly recommend.
Rajeev Goyal was tremendous in taking us to niche places in Old Delhi that have been serving the same food for over a hundred years! It was great to tap into his vast knowledge of Indian spices (he trains chefs) and experience food tastings (akin to wine tastings), where the first/second/third bites leave distinct impressions! Don't miss this!
Loved this tour. Our guide Shikha Gupta was brilliant. Knowledgeable about the ingredients of each dish, its history and what best accompanied it. The food outlets we visited were very varied and all tasty. We travelled around Old Delhi on foot, by bicycle rickshaw and tuk tuk. Highly recommended.
Great way to get inside Delhi food
The Dehli Food Tour with Chef Rajeev Goyal was an amazing and exceptional experience. He is a very friendly person and experienced foodie and chef who adapts the tour to your wishes and interests. I would have never found nor dared to enter some of the shops and places. At every station he highlighted a special feature or teqnique, ingredient or spice which makes this location special. My personal hightlight was the kulcha bread near the Sikh tempel. Would highly recommend the tour.