Gandhi's Delhi Small Group Adventure Tour
Your next stop is the 'Gandhi Memorial Museum', commonly known as 'National Gandhi Museum'. The origin of this museum dates back to the period soon after the assassination showcases personal relics, manuscripts, books, journals and documents as well as photographic and audio-visual material.
Continue to Raj Ghat. Located on the west bank of the Yamuna River and set in the midst of deep green lawns a simple square platform marks the spot where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated. Raj Gat is a memorial to Gandhi inscribed with the words "Hey Ram", the last words uttered by Gandhi before collapsing after being shot.
Your local guide will lead you through the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi, learning more about his message of truth, non violence and peace. Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 people, allows for an intimate and informative experience.
At the end of the trip you are free for personal exploration or alternatively your local guide can assist with arranging a taxi back to your hotel.
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Private Transportation
- Entry/Admission - National Gandhi Museum
- Entry/Admission - Gandhi Smriti
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
I had a great experience on the Gandhi's Delhi Small Group Adventure Tour with Abhi, and I had a great afternoon exploring more of Delhi. Abhi and our driver for the afternoon Sonny, who was very friendly and professional, took me to Raj Ghat, where Gandhi's body was cremated, and I was able to walk around a bit at the memorial. We went to the Gandhi Museum, which had a great collection of some of Gandhi's personal effects. In particular, the dhoti and shawl Gandhi wore when he was assassinated were on display, which was tremendously moving. Abhi then talked with me about Gandhi's final days and death at the Gandhi Smriti, or the Birla House. We went up to the multimedia center, which had some neat little displays, but the highlight was definitely walking behind the building to the garden where Gandhi would meditate and talk with people. The tour was great, and Abhi was knowledgeable, thoughtful, and patient throughout the tour. He is a fantastic guide, and I was fortunate to have two half-day tours with him that day. I'm grateful to have been able to explore parts of Delhi on these great tours.
Not great. Would not recommend.
We saw all the major sites and our young guide was sooo nice.
An excellent experience. The tour guide Audesh C. Mishra was a great guy who went out of his way to make our trip special and memorable, and even longer than the schedule as we were taking our time to see and indulge in the experience. He was very knowledgeable. Highly recommended on every level.