Local Village and Food Tour Including Cooking Class in Delhi
dhaba (roadside eatery) for a delicious Punjabi breakfast including
paranthas (flatbread) and chai. Venture into a local village for an authentic cultural experience as you explore the farms, visit a school, and take an ox-cart ride. Your host will then introduce you to traditional Indian food and spices. Learn how to cook several Indian dishes as you try out your cooking skills with an expert home cook. Enjoy your lunch which is cooked on the earthen stove in the traditional way. later enjoy milk spiced tea over chit chat with local people. After roughly 7 hours, depart on the journey back to Delhi.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Private transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Breakfast and lunch
- Village Walk
- Cooking lesson
- Light refreshments
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Photocopies of passports are required to be sent just after booking. Without this no booking will be considered final.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Dress code is smart casual which covers your body moderately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
I searched for a ccoking class in Delhi. This option was quite expensive but unfortunately was neither a cooking class, nor in Delhi. The event took place nearly 3 hours north of Delhi and there was no cooking class. I cannot recommedn this tour.
I had travelled all over the India. but this tour was once in a lifetime time experience. This was the best tour. If I try to find a single problem in this tour then I will not be able to find.If you want you really feel the nature and real India then go for this trip. Everything this was very properly managed in this tour and what a person is. What ever he promised before trip he delivered that.
Amazing experience! Way more than what I had anticipated from this tour. I got a chance to see the Indian village culture so closely and I felt a part of it as long as I was there.. 3 generations living together, and their bonding with each other, was a unique experience for me. And the way they welcomed me to their places, is something that can not be expressed in words! One of the best memories I have ever had in my travelling life. Highly recommended. Thank you Virsa Travels!!
Arrangements worked perfectly. Rahul was a great guide. Breakfast stop at an up-market Dhaba rest stop on the way, but we didn't have much as we'd already had breakfast at our hotel. Really interesting to see life in a village, in contrast to our family visit in Delhi. We were hosted by a family with large landholdings - esp. for sugar cane - and were given a tour of the village seeing some of the smaller farms, a local temple, and visiting the local elementary school. The family was very hospitable: their English was OK but not good apart from a daughter, but Rahul filled the gaps. Be aware it is a long journey: on the return you hit heavy traffic in Delhi and the last few miles take for ever, so make sure you ask for comfort breaks on the way.
We took the day excursion to a rural village, tiny, several hours north of Delhi. The trip included lunch in a farmers home, travel to a larger town and then cooking and dinner with another family. What a great way to understand real India, family life, their values, etc. We were four adult friends, but I can see this also being a wonderful experience for children! Much netter than museums! Our guide Rahul Walia was charming and everyone he introduced us to was as well. So informative, we must have asked a million questions about families, customs, marriage, caste, nothing was off limits. Thank you Rahul for an incredible day! Visited December 2016