Mughal Heritage Tour Including Lodhi Garden, Humayun Tomb and Akshardham Temple
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sai Baba Temple, Bhishm Pitamaha Road, New Delhi 110003 India
Today pick up from hotel and head to the legendary Sai Baba temple. In your half hour there, your expert guide will narrate the life and stories of Baba.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lodhi Rd, Lodhi Gardens, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110003, India
Moving further, ride through the streets of Delhi, until you reach the Lodhi Garden. This garden is spread over an area of 90 acres and contains the heroic tombs of Mohammed Shah and Sikander Lodi. Explore the beauty for 45-50 minutes.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Humayun's Tomb, Mathura Road Opp Nizamuddin Mosque, New Delhi 110013 India
Travel to the magnificent Humayun Tomb, built in 1565 C.E. Continue to explore Mughal architecture in India. Learn about Mughal architecture for an hour and a half as your guide explains its history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Swaminarayan Akshardham, Nh 24 Akshardham Setu, New Delhi 110092 India
After that, head to the Akdhardham Temple. The monument boasts a complex style of architecture and consist of 234 ornately carved pillars, 9 domes and more than 20,000 statues of various Hindu sages, saints and Acharyas (teachers).After that, have a bite of an Indian Samosa and some Masala Tea.
Duration: 1 hour
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Sai Baba Temple
- Entry/Admission - Lodhi Garden
- Entry/Admission - Humayun's Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Swaminarayan Akshardham
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Items ALLOWED in the complex:
- LADIES PURSE
- BABY FOOD
- WATER BOTTLE
- Note -Please take care of your personal belongings. Baby Food and water bottle are subjected to further check.
- Items NOT ALLOWED in the complex:
- MOBILE PHONES
- USB/PEN DRIVES
- MUSIC DEVICES
- ELECTRONIC ITEMS
- FOOD AND DRINK
- TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, DRUGS
- For a quick and smooth security check, we request you not bring these prohibited items with you. If you do happen to bring these items with you, please check them into the free cloakroom before entering the security check queue.
- DRESS CODE
- The Teample is a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambience, a strict dress code operates within the complex.
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Sarong: In case your dress does not comply with above requirement, a free sarong is provided for your visit (Refundable Deposit Rs. 100) Please return the sarong at the exit.
- During Sundays and holidays it is very crowded so you have to wait in queue to get entry inside the Temple
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
unknown I couldn't attend
Tour guides very friendly and knowledgeable, no issues
I was picked up by a driver and guide at my hotel at the appointed time. My tour guide was knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. The gardens were a refreshing reprieve from the busy, noisy city. We walked leisurely through the gardens and the buildings as he spoke of the history of the buildings. At Akshardham, he explained in detail the construction, customs and purpose of the buildings. We had a delightful authentic Indian meal, including a soda for me. We stayed and watched the evening water and light show that was Disney-worthy. I was returned to my hotel at the expected time.
Guide was promptly on time for the pickup from our hotel at 1PM. The first place that he took us to was the Gurudwarda Bangla Sahib and then to the Lakshmi Temple. At that point, the guide asked if we wanted to see the Cottage Industries. I asked what about the Humayun Tomb and walking in the Lodhi Garden. The guide told me that it was to late to go to the Humayan Tomb as it was on the other side of the city and closed at 5PM. The Tomb was near our hotel. I then realized that while the guide was knowledgeable about what he showed us, he did not know the itinerary that we booked. We specifically booked the Mughal Heritage tour because Mughal sites were not covered in the tour of India that we were starting the next day. We did get to the Akshardham Temple and its Chaat snack and Light and Water show. We had the snack before the Light and Water show. I recommend that anyone taking the tour also have the snack before the Light and Water show to avoid getting back to their hotel to late. As it was, we were returned to our hotel at 8PM, seven hours after we started.
We didn't get to see everything. The tour guide took me to overpriced shops tailored at robbing tourists and the tour guide left me with the driver as soon as Viatour called to confirm that I had gone through the tour. In addition. This experience has left me feeling extremely hesitant about using viatour again.
Excellent guide and driver. Our guide was knowledgeable and professional. His English was wonderful. We had a most interesting tour. He made suggestions on photo spots, places to eat, and places yet to see. He was interesting, not just facts but wove the stories and history of the area into something that was easy to listen to and understand. He loved his job and it reflected in everything he did. Wonderful way to have a tour when everyone is enjoying themselves. Most Highly recommend this tour. The water and light show at the end was the cherry on the top of a delightful day. Must see and do tour!
Singh did a great job as a tour guide, and sites were great. The dancing fountain show was a really nice to end the tour.
excellent introduction to Delhi...great guide Kiran Singh. Highly recommend