Private 4-Day Golden Triangle Tour from New Delhi
In the early morning, depart from New Delhi for Agra by deluxe car or jeep. Visit Sikandra, and see the magnificent mausoleum of Emperor Akbar the Great. Witness the legendary Taj Mahal and the impressive Agra Fort.
Overnight accommodation in Agra at the Four Points Sheraton or similar 4-star accommodation.
Day 2: Agra - Jaipur
Depart the city of Jaipur in the morning, stop at Fatehpur Sikri, a city built by Emperor Akbar to commemorate the birth of his son. Arrive in Jaipur for an overnight stay at the Four Points Sheraton or similar 4-star accommodation.
Day 3: Jaipur
Tour the city of Jaipur on this day. Your stops will include:
• City Palace - This unique palace is a blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture and houses a seven-storied Chandra Mahal in the center, which affords a fine view of the gardens and the city. Diwan-E-Am (Hall of Public Audience) has intricate decorations and collection of manuscripts,as well as a stunning marble pawed gallery.
• Jantar Mantar - Built in the 18th century, this obervatory features huge masonry instruments which were used to study the movement of constellations and stars in the sky. An enormous sun-dial still provides accurate time, which is subject to daily corrections.
• Hawa Mahal - Built in 1799, this building was originally designed for the royal ladies to watch and enjoy the processions and other activities, on the street below. Recently, a museum has been added which hosts a special feature entitled, “Jaipur, Past and Present”.
• Albert Hall Museum - Situated in the Ram Niwas Garden. This graceful building has a rare collection of archaeological and handicraft pieces.
Overnight stay in Jaipur at the Four Points Sheraton or similar 4 star accommodation.
Day 4: Jaipur - Delhi
After breakfast, enjoy a free day of sightseeing and shopping before returning to New Delhi for departure to your onward journey.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- 3-nights' 4-star accommodation
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch and Dinner
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays
- Please be in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to departure time to meet your driver
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
I have never booked a tour like this so I wasn't sure what to expect. In India - everyone hires a driver since driving standards are quite different. This tour was great! Ali ,our driver was safe, kind and witty. We had a comfy, clean, air conditioned car. Ali even thought to put bottle water in the car. He drove us to Agra where we met our tour guide Khan. Afterwards we drove to Jaipur where another tour guide Ali met us. I learned that the tour guides go to guide school. The tour guides are so knowledgable of Indian history. We were offered an itinerary but learned we could modify it . It was great!
Overall the trip was organized well. Nice hotels. Great places, in particularly in Rajestan. Our driver was definitely a highlight of the trip, courteous, caring and 100% on time. A lowlight was the guide in Agra, who seemed in cahoots with Taj Mahal security to pocket admission money from clients.