Private Full-Day Taj Mahal Tour from Delhi
The tour of the Taj Mahal lasts approx. an hour and a half, then you'll enjoy lunch at a local Indian restaurant.
After lunch, you'll visit the Agra Red Fort. Construction of this massive red sandstone fort, located on the bank of the Yamuna River, was begun by Emperor Akbar in 1565, with additions being made up until the rule of his grandson, Shah Jahan, in 1628. In Akbar's time, the fort was principally a military structure, but during Shah Jaha's reign, it became his palace. It is an imposing structure, with walls of red sandstone almost 3 kilometers long (approx. 2 miles). Entered through the Amar Singh Gate, the eastern part of the fort contains a palace, audience hall and mosques built by three emperors. The fort presents a good sampling of their favored architectural styles.
After the fort visit, you will explore the city's streets for a bit of shopping in one of Agra's many souvenir shops. Grab some memories before you begin your trip back to Delhi.
- Local guide
- All interstate taxes
- Complimentary mineral water during the trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Taj Mahal
- Entry/Admission - Agra Fort
- Monument entrance fee(s)
- Alcoholic drinks
- entrance fees to taj mahal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Monument entrance fees are not included
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Visiting the Taj Mahal was a great experience. The journey would be better by train than by car, small vehicle, bit cramped and extremely noisy. Delhi is dirty, polluted and dusty. Visitors should be advised to wear a face mask for their protection. Many over zealous helpful persons trying to rip you off as foreigner always be prepared to bargain. Would not do this again.