Private Tour: Day Trip to Agra from Delhi Including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taj Mahal, Agra 282001 India
World Heritage site and perhaps India’s most iconic landmark, the Taj Mahal. Built in the mid-1600s, this white marble mausoleum was commissioned by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in dedication to his wife. Learn about the Turkish, Indian and Persian architectural styles as you admire the detailed interior and exterior décor, the beautiful garden and the general magnificence of the place with your guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Agra Fort Rakabgani, Agra 282003 India
Agra Fort, a World Heritage site and Mughal architectural wonder. With your private guide, enter the 94-acre (34-hectare) brick fort, noting the mix of Islamic and Hindu influences in its design. Hear about the purposes of the various buildings such as the Hall of Private Audience (Diwan-i-Khas), Pearl Fort (Moti Masjid), Mirror Palace (Sheesh Mahal) and Hall of Public Audience (Diwan-i-Am).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, Yamuna River, Agra 282001 India
Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah, another mausoleum sometimes referred to as the Baby Taj, as it was one inspiration for the Taj Mahal and sits just across the river from it. Learn from your guide about the Persian influences behind the design of the tomb as you admire its stone inlay and trellis work
Duration: 30 minutes
- Private tour
- Professional guide (Please select Option 1 or Option 2)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch at Local Restaurant (Please select Option 1)
- Mineral water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Monuments fees for Taj Mahal, Agra Fort , Baby Taj (Please select Option 1)
- Entry/Admission - Taj Mahal
- Entry/Admission - Agra Fort
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- This tour operates with a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
High praise to our tour guide Mr. Hussain. He offered my daughter and me a perfect tour of the Taj and the Agra Fort. We looked for a tour that did *not* include shopping and we were pleased that none was offered. The lunch buffet was very good. Our driver was prompt, however the vehicle was less than perfectly comfortable for the long drive. Nevertheless, a five-star review for the day is in order.
Courteous driver; punctuality; the tour manager (Ashish) were all good. Only issue was the small car sent for the trip - quite uncomfortable for long drives.
this was a good purchase. very informative and very safe. the driver was great and the tour guide was knowledgeable. tip generously because these men deserve it.
Very nice tour, the tour includes the pick-up and drop-off from/to hotel, lunch and the all entrance fee. Our tour guide did not explain alot of the story of Taj Mahal, instead, he let us wonder around Taj Mahal freely and tell us to take our time to enjoy/experience Taj Mahal. It might be not suitable for people who like to know and to learn about Taj Mahal.
My driver, Ashish Gandhi, picked me up at precisely at 6am, and we drove 3.5 hours to Agra. Ashish was a great driver and fun to chat with. He also let me take a nap when I needed it. We met my guide, Krishna Chand Joshi, in Agra. This was a very efficient tour of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort well coordinated on car pickup, Tuk Tuk use, etc. I had a great lunch at Pinch of Spice, with a fabulous greeter at door with huge mustache. Everyone was so nice. The drive back was smooth. New expressway makes a big difference. Thanks!
Great tour. The tour guide was amazing. He was very informative and always to assist our group with our needs.