Circle Line: Bear Mountain Full-Day Cruise
Bear Mountain is 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of New York City, in the Hudson Highlands. Enjoy about three hours of free time to discover this site independently. Highlights you can explore during your two-hour visit include Trailside Museums and Zoo, Iona Island Estuarine Reserve and Bird Refuge, Perkins Tower, the merry-go-round and pavilion.
Pre-order a picnic lunch and enjoy a great day on the water! Beverages, wine, beer, cocktails, sandwiches, hotdogs, and snack foods are available for purchase on board.
- Full-day cruise, 2.5-hours in each direction, 3 hours spent on Bear Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Warning: there is a steep hill leading from the dock at Bear Mountain to the main park area. Please be aware this hill may be difficult for some people to climb, including those with difficulty walking or in wheelchairs. It may also be difficult to disembark the vessel during periods of heavy rain for those in wheelchairs or with difficulty walking.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed. Food and beverages are available for purchase on board.
- Our vessels include internal and external seating areas. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
- For children/infants under the age of 3, please ask at the box office for an infant ticket; it is free of charge.
- Tickets are only valid for the specific cruise and event date.
Overcrowded, not enough seating; uncomfortable metal folding chairs; should have had advanced notice of steep incline trail (25 min uphill), only way to get to bear mountain inn. Oktoberfest was moved to another location, no advance warning, and no transportation provided, shuttle was for hotel guests only.
A beautiful trip. The boat cruise along the Hudson River was relaxing with lovely riverside views on both sides including the Manhattan shoreline. After the short scenic hike to the top of Bear Mountain it was lovely to see the glowing Autumn colours as elsewhere throughout my trip they had been sparse. The surprise at the end of the walk was the gorgeous Hessian Lake which I also walked around. A trip to recommend to all tourists both local and international.
Time on the mountain was superb! Great hike. The cruise itself was not for me really. I dont think its fits solo travelers much. I would rather get there faster having time for a longer hike.
Nothing there to see...Boring Trip...
Beautiful day on The Hudson River...hoping for trees changing color, but NYC having a heat wave so no color. Narration inaudible...sound system poor so couldn't hear about sights along the way. Not that there were many. Nothing to do at Bear Mountain .Food on board poor and cannot bring your own for picnic. All in all very boring and the waste of eight hours. The Circle Line Tour around Manhattan is much better.