Newcastle History Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grey's Monument, 26 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6AE England
Our meeting point for the tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne England
Discover the story of Newcastle's Grainger town and one of the most beautiful streets in the British Isles.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Grainger Town, Grainger Street Newcastle city centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AF England
The historic Georgian city centre of Newcastle
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: The Quayside, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne England
Newcastle's Quayside and Bridges discover the history of the river
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- For customers joining us from cruises from the port of Tyne please use the Metro System and take the metro to the 'Monument' metro stop, this is where the tour begins.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Great tour. There was only the guide and myself. Very detailed on the history of Newcastle. I had some trouble locating the guide at Greys Monument meeting point. He had sent email and tried to call me to confirm time location a few days before the visit. I didn't have access to either. He answered all my questions and on request found me a great pub to have a drink at the tours end. Thanks
This guide knew his stuff. We learned so much about Newcastle and the history of the area. I highly recommend this tour. You do have to walk a bit, but that's where the history is. Don't miss this one if you're in Newcastle.
Very interesting tour of Newcastle, the guide was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a fantastic insight into the history, culture and industry of Newcastle. We were very lucky as my wife and I were the only people booked on the tour which enabled us to ask numerous questions, which were all answered in an informative manner and never once was the guide flummoxed in any way. All in all a very enjoyable tour and one that I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Newcastle.
Simply put, it was excellent. Very knowledgeable, good insights and a fun tour too.