Whale-Watching Cruise from Newport Beach
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Balboa Pier, 50 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661
This pier provides excellent sightings of the beautiful coastal line along with the crashing waves into the white sandy beaches.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Balboa Fun Zone, 600 E Bay Ave Ste R, Newport Beach, CA 92661-1347
Here families and children can enjoy a ride on the Ferris Wheel or test their luck out in the arcade. Three other rides (swings) or available to smaller children as well.
Duration: 45 minutes
- 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2.50 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge and wharfage fees is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Entry/Admission - Balboa Fun Zone
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Outside alcohol, ice chests, coolers or glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- Vessel may change depending on availability.
- Please note: there is a $2.50 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge and wharfage fees is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
I would certainly give a higher rating if there are advise/warning on parking. It’s totally unacceptable that the booking process and followed up communication no mention of the parking issues- impossible to find spaces, if lucky enough you need apps...
We were able to see False Killer Whales! They usually don't inhabit this area. The crew was so nice and made sure we had the best experience. We saw tons of dolphins and it was great!!
No whales but plenty of dolphins who swam right next to the boat. It's also not 2.5 hours as it says. But nice tour and glad i did it.
I was disappointed because I didn't see any whales, but we did capture dolphins swimming multiple times. I also had the opportunity to see some sea lions. Overall, the experience was enjoyable and I definitely recommend this sighting seeing tour!
Parking was a challenge. We have not seen any whales.
This was a cool experience but there are a few things I didn't like. When booking, it would have been important to let people know just how cold it would be out there. Maybe letting us know the average temperature over the water during that season. Everyone was wearing a light jacket expecting it to be a little colder than on land, but it was a lot colder. Everyone was freezing because they really weren't prepared for it. Also, the cruise would be properly branded as a Marine Life Watching tour. It was only when we got on the boat we were told that we might not see a whale. Which was highly disappointing and felt misleading! Thankfully!! We did see one hump back whale right at the end of our tour. That made up for what felt 45 minutes of aimlessly circling the water with nothing in sight in the freezing cold for so long! It would've been nice to have something to entertain us with during the wait as well. That being said we did see a large pod of dolphins and some sea lions catching some rays on a buoy. So that was pretty cool. Overall, I enjoyed the tour!
Good trip. We saw lots of common dolphins, seals, and sea lions but unfortunely no whales.
The tour was great, the crew was friendly and fun. We saw so many dolphin, including lots of babies. Great value for a couple of hours on the ocean.
This was a great 2 hours out in the bay. Boat was spacious and clean and the crew informative and friendly. No whales but a large pod of about 200 dolphins further out which meant an excellent half an hour or so as they swam around the boat jumping in and out of the water. To see mothers and their young was an absolute joy. Sea lions on the way back rounded off a memorable trip. Well worth doing.
The trip was amazing. We got to see a huge family of Dolphins. They were beautiful !!!!