Full-Day Private Villefranche sur Mer Shore Excursion: Nice, Cannes, Monaco
First stop in Nice takes place at doorstep of the Old Town, on the vibrant Massena Square, next to the statue of Apollo. From there you’ll enjoy walking around the heart of Old Nice. Must-see spots like Cours Saleya – incredible flower market that turns out into Mediterranean food court in the evenings as well as the surroundings baroque streets next to the Opera building reflected in the paintings of Matisse still proudly holding the mood of Napoleon era. Then splendid instantiation of the Neoclassical heritage of Nice – Palace of Justice and the square with the charming fountain and souvenir boutiques around it will have your full attention.
• Then after short ride by the center street of Nice – Promenade des Anglais we’ll continue to the village of artists, hidden in the hills – Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists – young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration – you’ll easily find out ‘why?’.
• Little while and you'll land in famous Cannes. Who hasn't heard of it? The movie stars on the red carpet focus world’s attention in May each year since 1946. But there’s more than just that.
• Then it will be the time to get to Monaco itself. Second smallest country in the world that attracts the richest people on the planet as it really has a lot to offer. But it’s not only the smell of money that would make you stoned – fairytale looking-like old town with incredible Prince’s Palace on the sharp rock, guards of the Prince wearing uniforms designed by Gucci and glamourous Monte Carlo Casino – these are just few reasons to spend some time among as many Bugattis, Bentleys or McLarens as you will be able to count.
• Our last stop takes place in Eze Village – medieval old town perched on a rocky hill part of which would still remember the times of Roman Empire. Located as eagle’s nest – almost 430 m over sea level will get you back in time to XIII century and on.
• When you’re still in Eze Village you can’t miss the opportunity of visiting the real French cosmetic manufacture – famous Fragonard. How do they make parfumes, who is the ‘nose’ and much more can be answered during free tour in English (or other language) and possibility of buying the scents at the factory prices makes the visit even more exciting.
• Right after that we will be getting back to Villefranche where you boat awaits you
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
I would give this tour 5 stars like we did on our other reviews but we had two problems. The first was that our driver had very poor english skills and we didnt undersatnd half of what he was saying, he spoke super fast and mixed english with french all the time and we just could not understand, and his english was bad so he didnt understand our questions either. He was trying really hard for us to have a great day but the language was a problem The second problem we had really pissed us off, even after I stated that we were running late and wanted to see a specific site, he took us way off route for lunch. It was obvious that he took us there because he had some type of deal or comission and also a free meal for himself, he had made a reservation at this place under his name for us... it was all tolerable until we saw the prices, entres were between 24 and 30 euros each!!! of course we didnt eat there and asked him to takes us were we wanted in the first place which he said was close but then we realized it wasnt at all!!!! so we almost missed our tender to our cruise!!! we were 25 minutes late and literally were the last ones to go onboard!!!!!! 1 more minute and we would have been left behind!!!! If we had a driver like Lavio in Rome this day would have been a whole different thing!
Philippe was amazing! We had a terrific time on the French Rivera !! He knew exactly where to take us and we had a fabulous time!!!